Thunderin' Bolts @ Wichita State

Good to see Huskers play the Shockers in a series.  Seems like these two teams should have playing a series every year for 30-40 years straight.  But instead it's a game that gets sprinkled into the schedule here and there (over the years).  I'm talking about a series though. 

Wichita State got a long history of playing some good baseball.  I forget but I think it all went to hell last year or the year before.

I like the Huskers starting pitching and the bats so far.  Not looking for a sweep, but I won't count that out either.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, admo said:

Good to see Huskers play the Shockers in a series.  Seems like these two teams should have playing a series every year for 30-40 years straight.  But instead it's a game that gets sprinkled into the schedule here and there (over the years).  I'm talking about a series though. 

Wichita State got a long history of playing some good baseball.  I forget but I think it all went to hell last year or the year before.

I like the Huskers starting pitching and the bats so far.  Not looking for a sweep, but I won't count that out either.

It started to go to hell when Gene took the OU job then returned a week or two later. They've been mediocre at best since. Last year just seemed to be the year it did after Wedge walked away due to personal reasons in January. 

• Plus1 1

Honestly, I think both programs will throw everything they have at this setting because it doesn't appear we'll have a game tomorrow. (Unless the start time is moved up)

I expect it to be a very, VERY difficult game to win and the way the infield defense has performed of late it might be a long night the huskers even if overbeek gets the start at 3rd.

Wichita's team stats are very solid: Team BA @ .286, OPS .854 and SLG% at .452. Defensively, Team ERA 3.83, Whip at 1.24 and Opponent BA .286

Nebraska's Team stats in comparison: BA @ .294, OPS @ .908 and SLG% at .510. Defensively, Team ERA 4.64, Whip at 1.35 and Opponent BA .294

Fielding % for the huskers is has looked bad but actually is pretty solid even with the 5 errors Sunday.. Wichita St @ .970 (showing holes) Huskers @ .978 (slipped this weekend)..

If Wichita State jumps to an early lead we likely don't win. If we get to the late innings with the lead or trailing by less than 2 runs then I'm confident we can win. The middle innings are going to be hard fought by both clubs and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a weekend arm or two thrown out there by Wichita State as this is matchup is more important for them. Gotta get this first one then have fun tomorrow and try to sweep but dang nabbit get tonight's dub first!!

• Worth a Look 1

Put the bat on the ball and good things will happen, especially if the other team implodes with errors. Walsh threw VERY well for 5 innings, gave up a 2 run shot in 6th, followed by a single , but induced a double play ball to limit the damage. Expect a new pitcher in the 7th and hopefully get out of here with a win for Walsh and the Huskers tonight 

• Plus1 1

Not sure I understand what we do sometimes with pitching changes. Pitcher allowed 2 hits to get guys on 2nd and 3rd in the 8th, gets to two outs, then we pull him and his replacement immediately gives up 3 runs through something like 4 hits. What was once a comfortable game, is now getting really tight. 8-6 bottom 8th with 2 outs.

Guy got pulled and his replacement gets the last out.