Thunderin' Bolts @ Wichita State

31 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Not sure I understand what we do sometimes with pitching changes. Pitcher allowed 2 hits to get guys on 2nd and 3rd in the 8th, gets to two outs, then we pull him and his replacement immediately gives up 3 runs through something like 4 hits. What was once a comfortable game, is now getting really tight. 8-6 bottom 8th with 2 outs.

Guy got pulled and his replacement gets the last out.

It's not really Brockett's fault Carey ate an inning-ending ground ball for no good freaking reason.

45 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

15% chance of rain. I'm. . .pretty sure they'll get it in.

Fingers crossed... the storms must have slowed the eastward travel over the rockies. I know that Denver is expected to have blizzard conditions but I forget if it's tomorrow or Thursday.. Regardless... let's get 2 :)

@whateveritis1224

Situational decision. They wanted a left on left matchup. Also, by announcing the pitching change to a lefty with 2 outs and the opponent chasing runs, it might result in the opponent also going to their bench for a right-handed batter which thereby could remove the lefty bat from the game. WSU trusted the hitter and he came through. That's baseball. That's the chest match and in that exact scenario most staffs would do exactly what Bolt & Staff (Childress) did.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1