2024 NCAA Tournament

Sidenote.... 

The greatest college basketball shooters I have ever seen in my lifetime..... Guys going full throttle and draining deep three's.... And occasional dunks with fast breaks

Rex Chapman - Kentucky 

Anderson Hunt - UNLV

JJ Reddick - Duke

They shot netters from all over the court, with no limit to their range, and some clutch shots.  Amazing in college, even though I didn't think it would translate to the NBA.  And yet, JJ played/got paid for 15 years in the NBA.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone shoot  as good as they did in college ball.  And I have been trying to think of others 

• Plus1 2

Just now, admo said:

Sidenote.... 

The greatest college basketball shooters I have ever seen in my lifetime..... Guys going full throttle and draining deep three's.... And occasional dunks with fast breaks

Rex Chapman - Kentucky 

Anderson Hunt - UNLV

JJ Reddick - Duke

They shot netters from all over the court, with no limit to their range, and some clutch shots.  Great for but didn't think it would translate to the NBA.  And yet, JJ played/got paid for 15 years in the NBA.

Anyway, I just haven't seen anyone shoot deep as good as they did in college ball.

I didn't remember Hunt being a three-point bomber.  But apparently so.

Jimmer Fredette probably in that conversation as well.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I didn't remember Hunt being a three-point bomber.  But apparently so.

Jimmer Fredette probably in that conversation as well.

Great add about Frederette !!!!

Yeah Hunt was jacking up 8 threes a night with the Running Rebels. When they won with Larry Johnson. Long time ago lol

I remember Glen Rice with Georgia Tech having a silky smooth shot..... I can't remember if it was with Mark Price or Kenny Anderson at PG.  Great shooter but not the best.

Also, Eric Piatkowski was insane from 3 point land and def in the Convo.... Wish others got to see the Polish Rifle shoot at Nebraska..... He was a bomber

• Plus1 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:15 AM, Mavric said:

Yeah, it's almost like if you do things legally, it's fine.

There was a topic posted on an M board today:

"Let’s Speculate on Harbaugh first draft pick."

The first answer was...Connor Stallions. :D

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Edey is playing like he has something to prove. 

I've got a different take on the guy. I see a competent but not especially gifted 7' 4" athlete who gets most of the team's offense funneled to him. Given so many mismatches, he's going to get his points. But with a little bit of defensive strategy and talent, he and the team become a lot less efficient. Even with his incredible advantage, he's not a great finisher. 

Mostly what concerns me, and would keep him off my draft board, is watching him stand flat footed, arms at his side, as a Husky player drives past him. How often he's out of position, or makes no real effort for rebounds. Or simply has them taken out of his hands by a more motivated defender.

I think the NBA will eat him alive.  

• TBH 2
37 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've got a different take on the guy. I see a competent but not especially gifted 7' 4" athlete who gets most of the team's offense funneled to him. Given so many mismatches, he's going to get his points. But with a little bit of defensive strategy and talent, he and the team become a lot less efficient. Even with his incredible advantage, he's not a great finisher. 

Mostly what concerns me, and would keep him off my draft board, is watching him stand flat footed, arms at his side, as a Husky player drives past him. How often he's out of position, or makes no real effort for rebounds. Or simply has them taken out of his hands by a more motivated defender.

I think the NBA will eat him alive.  

Yeah. He shouldn't be drafted in the lottery and be expected to be one of the top guys on the team. Now if he was a backup big that played like 10-15 minutes a game he could be useful in that way I think.