2024 NCAA Tournament

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not a Duke fan.

Definitely not a Laettner fan.

But this was iconic.

I am a huge Masburn fan, and Kentucky fan during that era.....  But also, I am a huge Laettner fan and Hurley fan...... This game was amazingly fun..... And the winning cross court pass, catch dribble turnaround shot is still the most incredible, most impossible shot / play that I ever do seen......

:hellloooo:hellloooo:worship:worship

Clemson made the Elite 8, or the Great 8....  Their coach was asked about "What does this mean to them, and to the rest of college basketball?" and the Clemson coach responded....

"It means we are not just a football program"  and then went on about their program.

Really? 

Your team made it to the tournament with 11 losses, but this season with some moderate success it means "We are not just a football program" ??

How about you make 3 or 4 Final Fours in 5 years before claiming that??

I mean, that's like Nebraska basketball having one good year and  making the NCAA tournament with 63 other teams, and giving the coach a contract extension.  (Too soon?  Yeah, I think so.  That's your normal goal every year).

It's like Bo Pellini having a football team with 4 losses, winning a bowl game and claiming "We're Baaack".

Instead of claiming how great we are RN, we actually become great year after year after year.  It's a 64 team tournament, with some upsets, some good wins, some bad losses.  

Seriously, "not just a football program" for a team with 11 losses doing well in March Madness.  

I'm not saying that can't make it to the Final 4 or play for a championship.  I'm not saying they can't win it all, or that they are bad.  I mean, they are playing pretty good and I am rooting for them.  I just think it's too soon to claim how great your basketball program is, or give coaches a contract extension for making a tournament with 63 other teams.  Let's just see how they do the next couple years first.

1 hour ago, admo said:

Clemson made the Elite 8, or the Great 8....  Their coach was asked about "What does this mean to them, and to the rest of college basketball?" and the Clemson coach responded....

"It means we are not just a football program"  and then went on about their program.

Really? 

Your team made it to the tournament with 11 losses, but this season with some moderate success it means "We are not just a football program" ??

I mean, that's like Nebraska basketball having one good year and  making the NCAA tournament with 63 other teams, and giving the coach a contract extension.  (Too soon?  Yeah, I think so.  That's your normal goal every year).

It's like Bo Pellini having a football team with 4 losses, winning a bowl game and claiming "We're Baaack".

Instead of claiming how great we are RN, we actually become great year after year after year.  It's a 64 team tournament, with some upsets, some good wins, some bad losses.  

Seriously, "not just a football program" for a team with 11 losses doing well in March Madness.  

I'm not saying that can't make it to the Final 4 or play for a championship.  I'm not saying they can't win it all, or that they are bad.  I mean, they are playing pretty good and I am rooting for them.  I just think it's too soon to claim how great your basketball program is, or give coaches a contract extension for making a tournament with 63 other teams.  Let's just see how they do the next couple years first.

His job isn't to be committed to a purely rational worldview, his job is to support and hype up his team and program. 

Next you're gonna tell me you have a problem with the inaccuracy of Husker Athletics using the phrase, "Our Red Burns Brighter".

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, admo said:

Really? 

i think he is joking about this

https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-barkley-gives-shoutout-dabo-020741141.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

His job isn't to be committed to a purely rational worldview, his job is to support and hype up his team and program. 

Next you're gonna tell me you have a problem with the inaccuracy of Husker Athletics using the phrase, "Our Red Burns Brighter".

I think you are absolutely right.  Thanks bro.  I should have considered that angle as well, and maybe I would have been more chill about it.  I'm working on it.   

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, it's almost like if you do things legally, it's fine.

Yep. All we can ask is that teams/coaches/players abide by the rules on the books. It appears Alabama basketball was within the rules, whereas Michigan football was not.

I guess we can also ask/hope that the rules are made more stringent so that sporting contests can be determined by the players, coaches and preparation rather than by exploiting loopholes in the rules that make intelligence gathering measures a factor.

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

How’s everybody’s brackets looking?

I only have 2 possible remaining for the FF (UConn & Purdue) with UConn going all the way. Marquette (pathetic E8 effort btw) and Arizona were my other 2 FF picks.

I'm in the 92.2 percentile on ESPN right now.  So not terrible.

But I have Houston winning it all.  So .... terrible going forward.

I have Tennessee in the Final Four and UConn in the championship game.  But I won't score a lot of points the rest of the way.

• Fire 1