2024 Spring Practice Notes - Quarterbacks

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Not you Mav but the assertion he is getting hated on is a fallacy. 

I really appreciate the work that guy does to edit the clips.

But he's a pretty big homer for anyone in the Metro conference.  He's a little over-the-top in his commentary.

Except for Christian Jones.  Who he insists is a bum.  Which is odd.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2
50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But would you be surprised if Raiola is the starter?

No. He's certainly the favorite according to fans and the media.

Remains to be seen if the rest of the team is good enough for DR to succeed without the threat of the QB run and option. Can the OL protect and the receivers get open against B1G defenses?

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

No. He's certainly the favorite according to fans and the media.

Remains to be seen if the rest of the team is good enough for DR to succeed without the threat of the QB run and option. Can the OL protect and the receivers get open against B1G defenses?

And it also remains to be seen is are the running backs good enough to gain more then a 1,000 yards.

41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I really appreciate the work that guy does to edit the clips.

But he's a pretty big homer for anyone in the Metro conference.  He's a little over-the-top in his commentary.

Except for Christian Jones.  Who he insists is a bum.  Which is odd.

Not totally sure if you are in or around Omaha but Westside is one of those schools (Similar to Prep) that non-Westsiders love to hate on.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not totally sure if you are in or around Omaha but Westside is one of those schools (Similar to Prep) that non-Westsiders love to hate on.

But I don’t think he hates on all Westside guys. Just Jones. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Remains to be seen if the rest of the team is good enough for DR to succeed without the threat of the QB run and option

I love the option as much as the next guy, but year on year there are fewer and fewer coaches that know how to call and teach the option and Satterfield isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Can the OL protect and the receivers get open against B1G defenses?

See all of those screens and RPOs designed to get the ball out quickly. That's what Satterfield does well, but he tends to lose focus of what's working and decides to play with his other toys.

• TBH 2
5 minutes ago, brophog said:

I love the option as much as the next guy, but year on year there are fewer and fewer coaches that know how to call and teach the option and Satterfield isn't one of them.

I really mean the QB run game more than the option specifically.

5 minutes ago, brophog said:

See all of those screens and RPOs designed to get the ball out quickly. That's what Satterfield does well, but he tends to lose focus of what's working and decides to play with his other toys.

I hope it works out, but I have my doubts against B1G defenses. If we're running those screens and RPOs but getting <3 yards as has been typically for a long time now, that's just not going to get it done.

Look, I'm predicting 9 wins this year, so I'm as big a homer as anyone here. I'm just not completely sold yet on a true frosh QB as a pocket passer with the pieces we have around him, especially the OL. I think HH has an important role to play this season still, and as I said, that's not a popular opinion right now.