2024 Spring Practice Notes - Quarterbacks

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Is DR the qb that the Nebraska writers are saying is separating himself from the others or is it DK or HH?  It would be a major plus if HH improved his throwing motion over the off season.

Yes 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Didn't HC Matt Rhule say that there were things that DR had to work on?  I know all the qb's have something to work on to get better but I haven't heard what the things DR needs to work on?

What do you mean by HC Matt Rhule? I only ask because some people just say Rhule others say Coach Rhule or even Head Coach Rhule.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Didn't HC Matt Rhule say that there were things that DR had to work on?  I know all the qb's have something to work on to get better but I haven't heard what the things DR needs to work on?

DR will be the starter big dog. Coach speak. 

4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What do mean by coach speak?  Is there another language that can only by deciphered by a coaching enigma?  Why is it so dark in here?  Did anyone else hear that?  Who said that?  Seriously guys..stop

satterfield coach speak would have me in a padded room 

On 4/21/2024 at 2:06 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

You must be new to football coaches. Bo Pelini basically said Lavonte David sucks a$$ (paraphrasing a little). 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

You must be new to football coaches. Bo Pelini basically said Lavonte David sucks a$$ (paraphrasing a little). 

I understand that the coaches aren't going to sing the praises of a player I get that part.  My thing was he flat out told us (fans/local media) that he needed (Raiola) to work on things.  I understand that he is so far advance as a 18 year old qb doing certain things that others HH and DK aren't at that stage yet but since he has things he needed to work on himself I didn't think he clearly separated himself from the pack.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that the coaches aren't going to sing the praises of a player I get that part.  My thing was he flat out told us (fans/local media) that he needed (Raiola) to work on things.  I understand that he is so far advance as a 18 year old qb doing certain things that others HH and DK aren't at that stage yet but since he has things he needed to work on himself I didn't think he clearly separated himself from the pack.

You do understand the best QB on the planet (Mahomes) says himself that he has things to to work on still.   It’s not a shocker that an 18 yr old would have something “to work on” 

• TBH 1
55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You do understand the best QB on the planet (Mahomes) says himself that he has things to to work on still.   It’s not a shocker that an 18 yr old would have something “to work on” 

I know that every player has something to work on I was saying that his things that he needs to work on are probably small stuff compared to what HH and DK have to work on in order to have a marginal lead.  HC Matt Rhule made it sound like he had big stuff to work on just a couple of days before the scrimmage.  He(MR) made it sound like there wasn't a clear cut leader before the scrimmage bc all the qb's had stuff they needed to work on and still do.