LJS: Glenn confused by lack of carries

I think we have four good backs. I am still not sold on any of them being the greatest back we have ever had or even near that.

We are not privy to practice nor do we know what the coaches are seeing and hearing during the week. I will trust their judgement.

Of the four we have no one even closely resembling SC's Moody. That is a real back. He moved the ball against what is supposedly one of the best D fronts in the country. SC was not rated that high and none of ours could really move the ball on a consitent basis.

Talent is the key. Ours are good, but well below the top programs premier runners. Deal with it.

I think we have four good backs. I am still not sold on any of them being the greatest back we have ever had or even near that.

We are not privy to practice nor do we know what the coaches are seeing and hearing during the week. I will trust their judgement.

Of the four we have no one even closely resembling SC's Moody. That is a real back. He moved the ball against what is supposedly one of the best D fronts in the country. SC was not rated that high and none of ours could really move the ball on a consitent basis.

Talent is the key. Ours are good, but well below the top programs premier runners. Deal with it.

now that is a statement i can agree with........

it may just be that Wilson will turn out to be the only true decent running back we have......the logjam we have may be due to more mediocrity, than different sets of skills in each player.....Lucky, IMHO, is way overrated

hunter

Yep he's sure overrated allright! Less carries tonight, more yards and 3 TD's! Damn he's HORRIBLE! :LOLtartar Oh and let's not forget Wilson either! Damn he went over a 100 yards and 2 TD's as well! In case you weren't informed Glenn had a pulled hamstring and was standing smiling with the THREE other running backs. I guess that kinda kills your "everyone hates Glenn" theory!

it may just be that Wilson will turn out to be the only true decent running back we have......the logjam we have may be due to more mediocrity, than different sets of skills in each player.....Lucky, IMHO, is way overrated

hunter

Yep he's sure overrated allright! Less carries tonight, more yards and 3 TD's! Damn he's HORRIBLE! :LOLtartar Oh and let's not forget Wilson either! Damn he went over a 100 yards and 2 TD's as well! In case you weren't informed Glenn had a pulled hamstring and was standing smiling with the THREE other running backs. I guess that kinda kills your "everyone hates Glenn" theory!

didn't say that everyone hates Glenn, it is just damn funny about the secrecy of injuries and the phony depth chart that comes out every week....i guess by now we should be used to the lack of information provided by the coaches...kinda like the Bush administration....shrouded in secrecy....whatever you like.... :dumdum

hunter

hunter

i also suspect even you could have gained 100 yards against Troy.....not quite the quality of a USC...... :wacko:

hunter

i also suspect even you could have gained 100 yards against Troy.....not quite the quality of a USC...... :wacko:

Really what would make you happy? 150-0? 200-0? :wacko:

I don't think FSU had 100 as a team against Troy. Isn't this the same Troy team that you were saying all week how it was going to be a game?

This staff doesn't have to release injuries if they don't want to. They don't have to let JimBob in Hastings know that Cody Glenn has a bad hammy. It is all up to the coaches.

I'll speak for the Rusk boys here, DJR......

A good bit of why we don't give a whole lot of props to Lucky is that he came in as a 5-star recruit and just hasn't been that impressive.

When I think of a 5-star recruit from Rivals, I think of names like Ted Ginn Jr., Jonathan Stewart from Oregon, Vince Young, and Adrian Peterson, guys that were also 5-star recruits from Rivals. It's hard for us not to think of Vince Young because we are all from Texas. Secondly, Palestine is one of our big rivals just right down the road and some of us have been watching AD run the ball since he was in middle school.

Why do I bring these names up? This is what I think of when I think of the term 5 star.

10 carries for 156 yards and 3 TD's. Is that the kind of numbers you think of for a 5 star? Just curious, because if not, I'd sure as sh#t like to see them. Lucky showed great vision tonight and made some great cuts. Breakout game for him.

DJR, here's my dilemma - I've had 5 different people call me on my cell phone this week asking a particular question about Mr. Lucky. They all want to know what quarter he will fumble in against Troy. Three are Glenn fans but the other two just follow Nebraska in general and have for years and really don't favor one back over the other.

You seem to know a fair amount concerning Lucky so what do I tell those that keep calling me on Lucky and wondering which quarter he will fumble in this Saturday.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

So, when did it happen????? ;)

Glenn was a no go because of a tweaked hammy and the coaches decided to not play him because they wouldn't need him and didn't want to risk injury tonight. Hopefully he is full speed next week. I think if he was playing tonight, all 4 backs would have gotten TD's.

Taking nothing away from the backs, the main two did look good. Lucky had two long runs early in the game but if you were watching the game then you should give alot of praise to that O-line. Lucky was untouched on his first two touchdowns. I didnt see the third one so Im not sure but he did go in between the tackles and run harder than usual or atleast harder than he did against USC. Sucks to see Glenn sidelined with an injury, I imagine Callahan was fired up about that. That way he had an excuse on why he didn't play him. Hope he's back next week.

Great game for the rushing attack last night.

Lucky looked really good in particular. Guess he used my comments about him as motivation! Just kidding.

Hope the running backs can continue to put up stellar numbers like last night because the competition should be stiffer going forward. Last night's game should help get the bitter taste of the 'SC game out of their mouths.

Now on to the Jayhawks!