Texas

I do believe it can go either way, but that's more of an "any given sunday" type deal (or saturday for college football) when two good teams are playing. We'll probably be seeing most analysts picking Texas to win, and imo for very good reason. I just think right now Texas is a better team.

We've got a decent chance to win, especially if we keep the crowd in it. But it's not enough of a factor to completely close the gap, or at least the gap I see. So that still leaves me at the point of saying Texas should probably win more times than they lose for this game. Once you say that, then you get to the intangibles that are at the heart of upsets...one team playing below their normal level, one team playing exceptionally well, etc.

But I can't really count those intangibles as reasons why we should win. All I can do is hope we keep the crowd in it and we get an intangible or two going our way to pull off the upset. Still, things are close enough that I would say the danger of pulling off an upset is quite real. But calling it a toss up would still be too far for me.

If I was going with percentages I'd have to say 66:34 perhaps, in favor of Texas. That would mean one out of three times we pull off the upset, which for some reason feels about right to me.

But here's hoping we manage that 34%! :box

I was going to suggest that we run a play-action rollout fly pattern to Purify on the first play of the game

Who were you going to suggests this to? I didn't know the Coaches took requests. In that case I suggest we run a triple reverse throw back to the quarterback on the first play. The defense would never expect it.

"Coach how do you come up with your plays?"

"I take suggestions off of message boards of course."

To win this game we have to score more points then Texas. <_<

We have to stop the run and make them throw to have any chance at all. But we also can't have costly turnovers and penalties. The Husker will have to the play their best game this year and the Longhorns their worst in order to win. We will have to have some luck with Texas committing several turnovers and penalties and have the field position advantage. We clearly don't have the talent yet to get into a track meet with UT. If Texas is on in its game and NU is not, this could end up being a 42-14 UT victory.

The other thing we have to remember is that even if we lose this game, we will hopefully be playing them again in KC for the B12 championship. For that reason alone, I'm a little scared to just throw the playbook at them. I'm just looking forward to another test for the Huskers and to see where we're at at this point in the season.

I was going to suggest that we run a play-action rollout fly pattern to Purify on the first play of the game

Who were you going to suggests this to? I didn't know the Coaches took requests. In that case I suggest we run a triple reverse throw back to the quarterback on the first play. The defense would never expect it.

To win this game we have to score more points then Texas. <_<

Jim Rose draws up plays for him on the back of a tampon wrapper.

For what it's worth...

Texas injuries might be an even bigger problem today. It's being reported that offensive lineman Tony Hills is wearing a boot and not practicing. After losing Cedric Dockery to a season ending knee injury, this would be a HUGE blow to the offensive line and could play a role in this weekend's game. Next to Blalock, Hills is arguably our best O-lineman.

Austin American Statesman (might have to register.... don't know)

That means a possible 6 starters (two O-Linemen, two DB's and two linebackers) will be out for the game against Nebraska. :bang

:hmmm

For what it's worth...

Texas injuries might be an even bigger problem today. It's being reported that offensive lineman Tony Hills is wearing a boot and not practicing. After losing Cedric Dockery to a season ending knee injury, this would be a HUGE blow to the offensive line and could play a role in this weekend's game. Next to Blalock, Hills is arguably our best O-lineman.

Austin American Statesman (might have to register.... don't know)

That means a possible 6 starters (two O-Linemen, two DB's and two linebackers) will be out for the game against Nebraska. :bang

I guess that's where all those stud recruiting classes come in handy.

I'd much rather play you guys at full strength, so hopefully you can get as healthy as possible.

Agreed Washusker. Trust me... I'm not one of those "we would have won if..." types of fans when it comes to injuries. When you're a Texas or Nebraska, you prepare for injuries like these and it's part of the game.

The only reason I'm posting the injury is that it could definitely play a factor in the way we attack on offense and vice versa. It's not as big of a deal as losing Tarell Brown, but it's still a concern if Hills can't go. We do have talent behind Hills and Dockery, but the experience is very, very limited. Last year, we rotated 8 on the offensive line consistantly with little or no dropoff. That isn't the case this year.

Our starters (even without Hills) will be good, but as the game wears on, the lack of depth could effect the pass protection.

C-West, does Texas tend to run off the edges or up the middle more? The games I have watched, they tend to read that end and run off him, so its just a guessing game. Can give me some more info on that.

Don't get me started.... :steam

We run the stretch plays outside ALL the time. We hardly ever run up the middle or line up with a two running back set. There are a ton of fans on our side who believe that we're using the wrong offensive philosophy this year, but it's what Colt's comfortable with after running it all last year.

Luckily, our two backs are talented enough to make yards off tackle, but we haven't had any of our runningbacks break one off for a HUGE gain this year. Last year, defenses had to stay home because Vince would take it himself off the zone read. This year, the linebackers are just going with the runningbacks and meeting them at the sidelines.

Check out the running plays in our games against ISU and Baylor. You'll see what I'm talking about.