Okie State

Since I am sick and tired of reading agruements about this last game. I am going to start a post about our upcoming opponent Oklahoma State. It looks like their quarterback is an up and comer. He has thrown for over 1300 yards and has 17 tds but just 6 interceptions. He completes about 60% of his passes and has a quarterback rating of 177.7. They have four people over 250 yards rushing. Hamilton has 489 yards and four touchdowns. Toston has 308 yards and two touchdowns. Savage has 300 yards with an 8.6 yard average to go along with two scores. And their quarterback Reid has 250 yards on the ground and three scores. Their leading reciever is Adarius Bowman who has 36 receptions for 791 yards and NINE touchdowns. D'juan Woods has 16 receptions for 269 yards and four touchdowns. Brandon Pettigrew has 13 receptions for 157 yards and two scores. No one else has over five receptions on their team but Joe Johnson has four receptions with three of them being touchdowns. Overall as an offense, they run the ball on 63% of their downs (sound familiar).

If our defense can shut down their running game with just the front seven, and our corners and safeties don't bite on play action, then we should be able to keep this offense in check.

Their defense gives up 22.6 ppg and 341.6 ypg. They have given up 1379 yards through the air and 1012 yards on the ground. They do have 6 interceptions though. Their defense is ranked ninth in ppg allowed, ninth in yards per game allowed, Third in passing yards allowed, and ninth in passing yards allowed.

It looks like they have a decent defense against the pass but nothing too dominate. We should be able to move the ball against them rather easily if we come to play and don't have a let down game.

Not great. Their defense playeed well against us, but it's their weak link. The offense is very potent. they don't run the ball a whole lot, but they do throw the ball. Reid, their QB was taken out after Aggie Linebacker Mark Dodge (and Army Veteran) took him down hard and gave him a mild concussion. I don't know if he'll be back, but he's good. His backup is potent too. Bowman is a REAL threat. I think he caught 2 TDs against us. If I had to guess, they'll attack your corners. We had a successful spread out attack against them. We had, I think 192 yards in the air, and, I think, 250 on the ground. They'll fight, since we took the game away from theem with only 3 seconds left this week and ruined their homecoming. Good Luck boys!

Oklahoma State always plays well at home and always is up for the toughest competition. They always seem to play up or down depending on how tough their competition is. One week they can play a team like Texas and come close to beating them and the next they can play some downtrodden bottom dweller and loose big and the next week come back and upset Oklahoma. That is the way I have always remembered them playing. I think that makes them a very dangerous opponent.