95Husker and LandonHusker

If either of you have any game films of your playing days at Memorial Staidum or maybe even just coaching at the Division 1 level, I am sure all on this board would greatly appreciate seeing them. That way we would all know that you have some semblance of understanding what players go through, just to make the team, let alone get to play. If we see your films, I for one will know that your opinions are of value.

Otherwise, please read this:

“It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

~ Teddy Roosevelt

Exactly, we sitting here don't really apply to that famous quote. Any one who has played sports know you leave it on the field. Doesn't matter whether it's football, baseball, basketball or GOLF. :) Posting on the board and being critical of players may give you some satisfaction but really does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I know I was amazed at first when the realization set in that BC and Coz do not read with bated breath every post on the net. :laughpound

Always and forever,

GBR

Although more knowledgeable than Benard, I do begin to question their motivations when there are three different accounts started today. All three agreeing with each other and trying very hard to hit on the same points no matter the topic of discussion. There is either a soapbox moment going on or someone believing this is a forum for trying to sway Husker football politics.

I welcome a new take and someone challenging the status quo, but I just sense something fishy.

So the coaches KNOW more about football then any of the people on here?

And the players are BETTER Football player then any of the people that post on here ever were or ever will be?

That is crazy talk. ;)

It would be like me going to some farmer that has been doing it his whole life and telling him how to work his fields. What the hell do I know about farming? I've never even been near a Tractor.

"I wanted to write a song about Drag Racing, but I don't kow anything about it." :corndance

And the players are BETTER Football player then any of the people that post on here ever were or ever will be?

That is crazy talk. ;)

It would be like me going to some farmer that has been doing it his whole life and telling him how to work his fields. What the hell do I know about farming? I've never even been near a Tractor.

Tractors are dangerous. Be very careful.

That is crazy talk. ;)

"I wanted to write a song about Drag Racing, but I don't kow anything about it." :corndance

Yeah, but if that farmer has a bunch of dead crops and scrawny cows while everyone around him has healthy crops and big fat cattle, you can guess that he is doing something wrong. :)

Oh, and becareful of the spinny shaft sticking out of the back of the tractor.