QB Kyle Parker

Eric the Red

6' quarterback? If this kid is a 5 star, I am guessing it would be for a position other than quarterback...especially if he is a amazing athlete

Ratings are heavily based on the tangibles - like height. 6' is considered short for a QB so I'd be REALLY surprised if he gets 5 stars. He's a very good 3 star with 4 star potential as far as the services go, IMO.

6' quarterback? If this kid is a 5 star, I am guessing it would be for a position other than quarterback...especially if he is a amazing athlete

Troy Smith was about the same size

Probably shorter, but he wasn't a 5 star. Looking at Rivals they have him as a 4 star. Don't recall the ranking being that high, but everyone thought the QB of future from that class was Justin Zwick, the former Mr. Ohio. Smith seemed like just an afterthought at the time. But a change to the spread offense, and he was at the right place at the right time.

So Parker might be a 5 star QB in an offense like Florida's, but I'm not sure how well a 6' tall QB fits in the WCO. Seems like a lot of those quick pases would get knocked down.

Of course he's still a teenager, so he may still grow a few inches.

• 2 months later...