Congrats

Just saw the replay again of taylor going down. How is it not roughing the passer. He had no clue it was coming and the ball was well out of his hands. How can anyone blame that drive on the refs. You have been such a great opposing member on our board. Why not cool off and come back in a day when it all settles down and you see this as the hard fought game it was. You win some and you lose some.

Peterson, our corner was with Purify one second, then on the ground the next with him in the air. Yeah, no push off or anything.

Is this the push off you're referring to?? If he was on the ground, how did he get his arms around Purify?

midsize_photo45568a628d557066511627.jpg

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

A photo.......ahhhhh, a photo

Here's a funny thing...contact happens all the time in the endzone. Fade routes are especially contact prone, and the refs often let the players fight it out. Minor pushoffs happen all the time, as long as your looking for the ball and it's not major (which is wasn't, no matter what you want to believe), it usually won't get called. That goes even more for a jump ball in the endzone.

Oh yeah, and how about the non-call when we had 3rd and 5 or so in the 4th (I think)? Our guy ran a slant type route and yours was all over him before the ball got there. Oops, we had to punt there and A&M got more momentum from that instead of us running out the clock with a continued drive.

And yeah, you don't have to injure someone to get a personal foul for a late hit. Your guy could have easily avoided Taylor altogether or got him with a glancing hit while trying to avoid him at the very least. But nope, just ran right into him...

Yeah, the refs really called a totally one-sided game... Gimme a break.

I almost wish I hadn't read this thread, because I had a lot more respect for your feel of the game before. Ah well.

Roughing the passer was complete BS

Peterson, our corner was with Purify one second, then on the ground the next with him in the air. Yeah, no push off or anything. Hope your happy you can cheat your way through.

Well you just made the list of people on this board that I don't much care for...........You have been such a great member and then you make stupid statments like this.......Sorry we didn't cheat our way through!!!! A call went against you and Purify went up to make a play on the ball and made the catch. Deal with it and move on with your day...... :hmmm

Refs helped us win??? :rollin Whatever! How about the crap spot we got late in the 4th quarter that gave you the ball back. Just accept the fact that you lost and move on. How about the fact that your team couldn't put the game away when they had the chance. Instead of blaming others for the loss, take a look at the things that your own team could have done to win. GBR!

Just saw the replay again of taylor going down. How is it not roughing the passer. He had no clue it was coming and the ball was well out of his hands. How can anyone blame that drive on the refs. You have been such a great opposing member on our board. Why not cool off and come back in a day when it all settles down and you see this as the hard fought game it was. You win some and you lose some.

Yeah, after we saw the call and cheered, we watched the replay and all exclaimed, "What an idiot!" As you say, it's not about how hard you hit the QB... if it were contingent on the "hardnes" of the impact, jeebus, can you imagine the arguments that woudl drag on and on and on? He came in REALLY late and hit the QB. I think that he did genuinely fall down... I mean, it's not like a soccer roll-around-owie type of fall... he lost balance and went to one knee. Have you seen tayler go down this season? It doesn't take much... anyway, whether he was faking or not, that player lost the game for A&M and I feel terrible for him... he got caught up in the moment. Sucks for him, yay for us :)

You Might have a point about that call . The refs sucked yesterday BOTH ways. There were a couple pass interference calls that went uncalled , two or three blocks in the back, and a holding call that was bogus as hell that went in your favor.

Im not denying that the roughing call was iffy, but even if it would have been 4th down on that play it still would have scored.

Ag you have a great team and should be proud. Good luck the rest of the way.

New thread about the game after I cooled off...you may not get to flame me for what I say on the new one, but it's more of what I really feel/thought.

The roughing the passer was justified if you ask me. The ball had been out of his hand for 3 or 4 seconds.

I've watched that catch over and over and don't see how an official could have called anything on it. It's a jump ball. Our guy was bigger and played it right and made a play on a ball that was only about 2 inches from being overthrown. That's it.

Like OKC mentions, I remember Suh getting held on 2 or 3 plays where a sack would have resulted. That has to get called in a situation like that.

It was a good game, i thought for sure we were done after the INT.

That was a definate late hit on Zac Taylor. No question.

No if you want to talk about missed calls, we can discuss the phantom holding call that sprung the option for A&M's first touchdown. The handful of Stewart Bradley's jersey that turned a 4th down play into a touchdown in the 4th. Hell we can even discuss the timeout with no time left on the clock or the phantom fumble on the one right before the go ahead touchdown.

Or we can discuss that A&m's field goal was blocked, NU went the length, and bad call on both sides occured.

Nebraska won, and Nebraska finally got some end of game magic for a change