Big 12 Champ game opponent?

Big 12 Champ game opponent?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say Oklahoma . . . we'd have a better chance of beating them, I think.

Unfortunately, I grew up as a Nebraska fan starting in 1995, when we dominated OU and then started the Big 12 the next year, so I've never really gotten to appreciate the rivalry some of you others might.

For me, Kansas State has always been the enemy.

I prefer OU because I think we have a better shot at shutting down their offense. This is based on the assumption that Colt McCoy comes back from his injury and Texas has had it's pride damaged.

Side comment - The NU win over KSU in Manhattan looks SO MUCH BIGGER after the Wildcats constantly broke down the Texas defense. The NU defense played a very, very good game against KSU and we didn't realize it at the time!

I would like to have them play Texas again, McCoy is out for 4 to 6 weeks and their backup QB sucks!

yah, he sucks so much that he kept Texas in a game that turned into a scorefest.

don't buy it. Texas is loaded with talent. and considering that Snead has taken limited snaps, he did a pretty good job.

my opinion, for what it is worth.

I prefer OU because I think we have a better shot at shutting down their offense. This is based on the assumption that Colt McCoy comes back from his injury and Texas has had it's pride damaged.

Side comment - The NU win over KSU in Manhattan looks SO MUCH BIGGER after the Wildcats constantly broke down the Texas defense. The NU defense played a very, very good game against KSU and we didn't realize it at the time!

yeah but freeman missed a ton of pretty much wide open receivers.

I'm really torn on this. On the one hand, I'd love for the Huskers to get another shot at Texas. Plus, with them being the defending National Champions, a win over them would be more impressive - both to Husker Nation and the rest of the nation - than a win over Oklahoma.

On the other hand, I grew up following the Huskers in the early '60s. So, as you can imagine, my memories are of the Big 8 - and that was most definately a case of NU vs. OU every year. With those memories, I had to vote for OU.

I picked Texas because of how close we were to beating them in Lincoln on Oct. 21st and it was a fantastic game. Having said that I would be happy with playing OU because I think we would have a great shot and beating them because they are so run based and we stop the run most of the times without any problem.