#13 = #1?

cmb23

Zac has done a lot. We won 4 games the season before he got here and we could very realistically win 11 this year taking the conference and winning a BCS bowl. That's a huge statement. Especially considering how weak our defense is this year. But as several of you have already indicated winning a national title trumps everything.

1. Tommie Frazier

2. Jerry Taggie

3. Scott Frost

4. Eric Crouch

5. Turner Gill

Would somebody wheel their grandpa up to the computer so they can weigh in on the old-school/new-school QB's???

Also, don't forget about Mike Stuntz...he was responsible for one of the greatest passing plays in NU football history!

:rollin

I guess I'd say:

1) Tommie - Hard to argue that since most media has him as the top COLLEGE QB

2) Gill - He lead the 'scoring explosion' and gets points for the 'great guy' factor

3) Crouch - Simply the numbers. Heisman. Also, he was the first 'big thing' after the T.O. era.

4) Tagge - From what I've been told and the little I've seen, plus the Nat. Champs

5t) Taylor - IF HE FINISHES WITH THE STORYBOOK ENDING!

5t) Frost - He had some big shoes to fill. Yes he 'won' a Nat. Champ, but it was a split....and gotta remember 'the kick' that got us there. Also, he had some horses on O and D that made the transition a lot easier.

For a 28 year old he is my top 5

Frazier

Taylor

Frost

Crouch

Berringer

My rankings is based on who I would want to lead my team for a national championship in a given year, not necessarily individual stats. How many people put Keller in their top 5 if he wins the Heisman, shatters all the passing records, but fails to lead the team to the CCG?

:restore:restore:restore

1. Frazier

2. Gill

3. Tagge

4. Crouch

5. Claridge- It all started with him and Bob D.

6.Frost

Berringer never really got to show what he could do in a full season. I liked him.

How about a vote for the tallest QB-frank Patrick, 6'5" or 6'7"

Feragamo wasn't here long enough. Got in Tom O's dog house and was pulled in loss to ASU in Bowl game for changing play, led to interception. Did the best in the pros thou.

GBR!!!

Well being 60 and seeing pretty much all the top ones you guys have mentioned, I will give you my thoughts.

Every singe one mentioned played on a team that was continually rated as a top 5 to 10 team. Most had numerous All American's on them. Had begun with the system in place and had solid fan backing.

Zac really has not been blessed with any of those things.

As little as two weeks ago people were complaining about how bad he was.

All of the others were highly recruited by many programs.

One basically destroyed this program for his own awards.

The best QB's at Nebraska in my mind are:

1. Zac Taylor

2. Brook/Frazier or Frazier/Brook

4. Tagge/Gill

6. Feragamo

7. Humm

Would somebody wheel their grandpa up to the computer so they can weigh in on the old-school/new-school QB's???

Also, don't forget about Mike Stuntz...he was responsible for one of the greatest passing plays in NU football history!

:rollin

I guess I'd say:

1) Tommie - Hard to argue that since most media has him as the top COLLEGE QB

2) Gill - He lead the 'scoring explosion' and gets points for the 'great guy' factor

3) Crouch - Simply the numbers. Heisman. Also, he was the first 'big thing' after the T.O. era.

4) Tagge - From what I've been told and the little I've seen, plus the Nat. Champs

5t) Taylor - IF HE FINISHES WITH THE STORYBOOK ENDING!

5t) Frost - He had some big shoes to fill. Yes he 'won' a Nat. Champ, but it was a split....and gotta remember 'the kick' that got us there. Also, he had some horses on O and D that made the transition a lot easier.

I loved watching frost play... he couldn't throw but, man, he sure could blast poeple. That had to be a shock to that LB he leveled... that whole team was just tons and tons of fun. It was just a lot of smashing from a couple of offensive positions that don't normally get to lay that kind of hurt on defenders. Tommy had a lot of skill, that can't even be questioned, but there is just something about frost who got by on brute strenght. Oh... and... oh man! What was that red-headed receiver's name? Vedril? He would just come across the field and murder safetys and CBs... hahah... I need to get my hand on a 97 highlight tape or a few 97 games just to relive that.

Of COURES the 94/5 teams are AMAZING to watch, but it's like watching someone play a video game with cheat codes... :)

I don't know... Tommy has to be #1, but my criteria are so weird that I'd have a huge tie for 2nd...

Well being 60 and seeing pretty much all the top ones you guys have mentioned, I will give you my thoughts.

Every singe one mentioned played on a team that was continually rated as a top 5 to 10 team. Most had numerous All American's on them. Had begun with the system in place and had solid fan backing.

Zac really has not been blessed with any of those things.

As little as two weeks ago people were complaining about how bad he was.

All of the others were highly recruited by many programs.

One basically destroyed this program for his own awards.

The best QB's at Nebraska in my mind are:

1. Zac Taylor

2. Brook/Frazier or Frazier/Brook

4. Tagge

5. Feragamo

6. Humm

Interesting take... I agree on some points of that. Zac certainly came from nowhere and is doing great things, even with seemingly a down quarter every game.

Here's my list:

1. Frazier: 2 rings. obviously with help from BB in '94. Complete leader. Master psychologist on the field. Raised the level of play around him. Could throw when needed, and of course, great toughness/decision making. 4th and whatever... he'll make it.

2. Tagge: 2 rings, even though one was split. Led big drives vs. LSU for '70 champ, and vs. OU in '71. Tough. Great leader. Accurate passer when needed.

3. Gill: Lots of big wins, but famous near misses - PSU in '82 and Miami '83-4. Accurate passer for an option QB. Great wheels, and toughness. Came back from a near-career ending injury.

4. Frost: Learned the option relatively quickly, and got us in contention after the ASU debacle. Tough, durable, and could throw accurately when needed. (complletetion to cheatham on 4th down in regualtion vs. MU to sustain the drive) Got a ring, too, and the Good NC trophy.

5. Taylor: Signifies the transition of NU into a new era. Put up impressive numbers without a whole lot of supporting cast - and quickly, too. Will break nearly all significant NU passing records before he's done. Completed two incredible fnishes in important games to win them.