Bowman to NFL?

Washusker

Who knows what Zack actually thinks. He may be dying inside to play and is sick of sitting. I can see why he would go, but who knows. I am reserving judgement on this one till I hear something definite. There was also a thread last year that stated Herian was going to go pro as well and links to the story. They asked him about it and it was the first he had heard of it.

Anyone know just how deep the NFL draft will be in defensive backs? I mean if it's already going to be a bumper crop it could effect Bowman's decision.

The three clear first round corners right now are Leon Hall from Michigan, Marcus McCauley from Fresno State, and Damien Hughes from California. Then there is a drop off into the next bunch that contains Fred Bennett from South Carolina, Tanard Jackson from Syracuse, Aaron Ross from Texas, Jonathan Wade from Tennessee, and Marcus Hamilton from Virginia. THis is just my opinion on who would be first day material and it will change with the combine numbers. I would say that Bowman sits in with that second group but a good workout could land him to be the fifth or sixth corner taken overall and in the second round somewhere. I hope he stays for his senior year but he needs to look out for number one and that money can be pretty convincing.

Bowman's Momma Speaks:

* Although there has been plenty of speculation that Bowman might skip next season to jump to the NFL, at least one person close to the player was unaware of such a scenario unfolding — his mother. “He’ll be back there to play next season and get his degree,” Zelma Bowman said Thursday.

That's good news. If his mother says he's staying he probably is.

Bowman's Momma Speaks:

* Although there has been plenty of speculation that Bowman might skip next season to jump to the NFL, at least one person close to the player was unaware of such a scenario unfolding — his mother. “He’ll be back there to play next season and get his degree,” Zelma Bowman said Thursday.

Wow, did I not just compare this to Herian's situation of last year? Sounds like the SAME FLIPPIN THING!

Bowman's Momma Speaks:

Listen to your mom Zach!!

Bowman's Momma Speaks:

This just in!!!

-Josh Freeman's dad sent a text message to Bill Callahan that his son would like it if Bowman was gone next year.

-Harrison Beck's mom just wrote a letter that Harrison hopes to forego his senior season when it comes and try out for 'American Idol' or 'Rockstar'.

I really hope he does come back and play for NU. If he doesnt I can see the same thing happening to him that happened to Maurice Clarett(spelling?) Ya know, Bowman gets himself an agent, nobody takes a chance on him in the draft. He loses his eligibility at NU. He's hasnt played for a couple of years. Then some team decides to take a chance on him and he ends up getting cut from the team. Not the part with all the drugs and guns though (at least I hope to God not). So hopefully he thinks about this and does come back.

Sorry. Not a chance in he!! of this rumor (and that's what it is since we're all chatting about it) coming true. He played on and off...coming into his own the second half of the season. Then the injury this year. No NFL team in their right mind would even consider wasting a pick on him.

Um....you might remember that fellow by the name of Maurice Clarett....some dumbass donkeypunchers drafted this jackass.