Bowman to NFL?

Washusker

Here is Cromartie's profile taken before the draft from Florida State.

Junior Year (2005): One of the nation's top corners who missed all of 2005 with a preseason knee injury...a preseason Playboy All-American...was going to start at left corner this season after rotating with Bryant McFadden and Leroy Smith in 2004...listed as the No. 2 cornerback in the nation and a first team preseason All-American by The Sporting News...excellent speed, was a member of the FSU track team that won the ACC Championship in 2004...named the most improved defensive back this spring...also got some snaps at wide receiver and was responsible for several big catches in scrimmages .

Sophomore Year (2004): Established himself as one of the top playmakers in the country on national television in the opener at Miami...returned a fumble for a touchdown and added an acrobatic interception...had another score later in the season when he brought back an interception for a TD at Maryland...tied for second in the ACC in interceptions with four...earned first team All-ACC honors...recorded a career-high five tackles at Wake Forest...started for an injured Leroy Smith in the Gator Bowl victory over West Virginia and had two tackles and a pass break-up...played in all 12 games...also returned 19 kickoffs for 435 yards with a long of 61 (vs. Florida).

Freshman Year (2003): Played in all 13 games including the Orange Bowl game against Miami...one of five true freshmen to play in 2003...earned substantial playing time at left cornerback...had four tackles against both Duke and Wake Forest...recorded three solo stops and an assisted tackle against Wake Forest...had an interception return for a touchdown against Duke...led the team in kickoff return yards and ranked fifth in the ACC with 568 yards on 24 returns...was 43rd overall and eighth among freshmen nationally in yards per kickoff return (23.7)...totaled 89 yards on three punt returns against Georgia Tech and had seven games of 50 yards or more on punt returns...longest return of 62 yards came against Duke.

IMO it wouldn't be a smart move for him to leave before next season. He has only played one year of big time college ball, and it wouldn't be a good move to just go ahead into the NFL. I think it would be a smart decision to come back for another year, go against some good receivers, and help the Huskers to a national title, and then go to the NFL.

If he leaves, his draft number will drop significantly imo. If he plays another season for us, he is a top 25 pick imo. He could drop to the 3rd or 4th round if he leaves.

he isn't going, no way... he hasn't proven ANYTHING EVER.

i'm throwin the BS flag on this rumor. be cool, stay in school.

If he leaves, his draft number will drop significantly imo. If he plays another season for us, he is a top 25 pick imo. He could drop to the 3rd or 4th round if he leaves.

he isn't going, no way... he hasn't proven ANYTHING EVER.

i'm throwin the BS flag on this rumor. be cool, stay in school.

yep it seems like a nasty rumor

You know it's quite possible he wants to go to the NFL. He may have just 1 year in D-1 but he played in JUCO and if he played well in JUCO, NFL scouts may have seen something they liked or they can work with. After all, he was a 5 Star recruit coming out of New Mexico Military Institute.

I really hope he decides to stay and play for OUR sake but that seems a tad selfish on my part I guess. :hmmph:hmmph

Here is Cromartie's profile taken before the draft from Florida State.

Junior Year (2005): One of the nation's top corners who missed all of 2005 with a preseason knee injury...a preseason Playboy All-American...was going to start at left corner this season after rotating with Bryant McFadden and Leroy Smith in 2004...listed as the No. 2 cornerback in the nation and a first team preseason All-American by The Sporting News...excellent speed, was a member of the FSU track team that won the ACC Championship in 2004...named the most improved defensive back this spring...also got some snaps at wide receiver and was responsible for several big catches in scrimmages .

Sophomore Year (2004): Established himself as one of the top playmakers in the country on national television in the opener at Miami...returned a fumble for a touchdown and added an acrobatic interception...had another score later in the season when he brought back an interception for a TD at Maryland...tied for second in the ACC in interceptions with four...earned first team All-ACC honors...recorded a career-high five tackles at Wake Forest...started for an injured Leroy Smith in the Gator Bowl victory over West Virginia and had two tackles and a pass break-up...played in all 12 games...also returned 19 kickoffs for 435 yards with a long of 61 (vs. Florida).

Freshman Year (2003): Played in all 13 games including the Orange Bowl game against Miami...one of five true freshmen to play in 2003...earned substantial playing time at left cornerback...had four tackles against both Duke and Wake Forest...recorded three solo stops and an assisted tackle against Wake Forest...had an interception return for a touchdown against Duke...led the team in kickoff return yards and ranked fifth in the ACC with 568 yards on 24 returns...was 43rd overall and eighth among freshmen nationally in yards per kickoff return (23.7)...totaled 89 yards on three punt returns against Georgia Tech and had seven games of 50 yards or more on punt returns...longest return of 62 yards came against Duke.

Um....yeah....that's a little more convincing to a team to take someone like that. Pretty good resume built up before he decided to leave.

On the radio Shawn Callahan did say though that the rumor does have some evidence behind it. Evidently his recovery is going very well and would be a full 100% for the combines. Also said that he'd probably be a 2nd-3rd round pick right now as is. If he could throw up some impressive performances in combines you never know.

Here's to hoping that he has diarrhea and an ingrown tonail the weekend of the combines!!!! :cheers

if he can sell himself on hype and past performance so be it...i think he needs to show he can play at a high level for a whole season of college ball.......not quite like a 16 game NFL season

:yeah

I have a difficult time believing this rumor. He needs to stay and prove he can play consistently well. An agent must be selling him on hype and past performance.

I'd really like to see him stay and play like we think he can. I think if he gets back to health he will start. But to be cynical...maybe he just doesn't want to have to compete next year so he is taking some dollars and running with it. Jones has a shot at keeping his job...let's say Grixby's job is up for grabs...there are some other stud JUCO corners we are recruiting as well as Ross who is a top HS CB recruit. Let's say Bowman has to compete against them and he loses his job...now the little birdie agent sounds attractive..."take the money"...

Let's hope not.