Not official, but...

i guess this news is going to stop people predicting us going to the Holiday Bowl. "Texas looks better because they're the defending national champs even though they lost two straight to end the season and inevitably play themselves out of the ccg." "A&M looks good because they beat Texas and Nebraska didn't." the stupid reason s for us to not go to a game that we deserve are mind boggling.

Bowl Destinations- Big XII

Looks like y'all are headed to the Fiesta (if you win), or the Cotton (if you lose)

For the record, I would like to point out that my prediction on this board for the Huskers BEFORE THE SEASON was Cotton. :thumbs

As did I. However, I figured OU would be much more potent offensively and NU would not be able to keep up and lose in the title game. I now think my initial prediction may end up being wrong and we end up in Tempe.

If we end up in the Cotton, the most likely opponents are: Auburn, Tennessee or Arkansas. If Arkansas wins the conference championship, it throws everything up in the air as far as the SEC is concerned.

so who would we play in the Cotton bowl?

Big 12 #1 after BCS vs. SEC #1 after BCS & Capital One Bowl

that would be LSU probably, right?

So if rumors are true....Boise State if we win...LSU if we lose?

Here is how it could play out:

The Rose gets the first two at-large picks if USC wins on Saturday (because OSU and USC will both be in the championship game). That means Michigan and either Notre Dame, LSU, or Louisville (if Rutgers wins Saturday). I’ll agree with Steward Mandel and say the Rosies do the right thing and go get LSU rather than offer a UM/ND rematch.

The Sugar would get the next at large pick, and the SEC Champion. Florida/Arkansas and Notre Dame. No-brainer for the Sugar.

The Orange would get the ACC Champion and the next pick. Wake/GA Tech and either Louisville or Rutgers, whoever is the Big East Champ, as the Big East is not affiliated with any Bowl.

The poor Fiesta is last, and would get NU/OU and Boise State.

IF we did lose the Big12 Championship game, we apparently would be headed for the Cotton Bowl, against an SEC squad. If LSU is going to the Rose, the loser of the SEC Championship (Florida/Arkansas) will probably go to the Captial One Bowl against Wisconsin. That leaves Auburn or Tennessee. The Outback Bowl also picks an SEC team, but I don’t know if they get to pick before we do or not.

If the Rose did take ND instead of LSU, you could see them falling out of the BCS Bowls and into the Cotton, as I doubt the Sugar would want two SEC teams. What is more likely is that the Sugar would take the Big East Champ, and the Orange would take LSU.

So, we are going to face one of three teams:

Boise State

Auburn

Tennessee

Bowl games are messy. Undefeated Boise State isnt good enough to play for the Championship game against Ohio State, so they put them in another BCS game against Nebraska (or OU). Just doesnt make sense. Who in the world, outside of Boise fans and Husker fans are going to plan their night around that matchup in prime time?

I do like Boise. I'm happy for them. I just dont like getting to a "BCS" bowl and then have to play teams like Boise, Pitt, Louisville, Wake Forest, etc.

You win and it's "yah, but it was Boise". You lose and it's "you lost to Boise!".

Just saying Michigan vs Nebraska drew a lot of interest last year despite their records. And it was a good game.

BCS vs Boise State. Sigh... Blabbing out my dissappointment I guess.

You're right Addison, it isn't really that important. The system is screwy, that's for sure. I'm surprised that the networks don't push for a playoff. Let's say the winner of Boise and NU goes on to play the winner of the later match up between teams X and Y. Fans of X and Y are going to tune in to watch NU play Boise to see what they're going to be up against. Well, I would, anyway!

They need a playoff for the conference champs at the very least (and some wild cards, maybe). The rest of the 985 other bowl games can still go on, but they'll draw their normal level of interest. There is time for 3 or 4 more games between the end of the regular season and when the spring semester starts... start playing in the summer! Something. It's not that tricky.