2007 Huskers

HSKRNOKC

D-Line is my biggest concern..

not one of mine at all... there is so much holding that was never called on Carriker this year he never was allowed to play to his full potential. Jay Moore can be replaced. Barry Turner is a athletic freak and fun as hell to watch. The guys replacing them have got plenty of playing time and will fill in nicely. Also with better coverage down field they will have more time to sack QBs

:yeah

Suh and Stienkuler have had alot of playing time, and shown the ability to make big plays as well. It is just a matter of depth behind the starting 4.

D-Line is my biggest concern..

not one of mine at all... there is so much holding that was never called on Carriker this year he never was allowed to play to his full potential. Jay Moore can be replaced. Barry Turner is a athletic freak and fun as hell to watch. The guys replacing them have got plenty of playing time and will fill in nicely. Also with better coverage down field they will have more time to sack QBs

:yeah

Suh and Stienkuler have had alot of playing time, and shown the ability to make big plays as well. It is just a matter of depth behind the starting 4.

Yeah, I think the D-Line will be alright next year. Suh is a beast and Steinkuhler seems to be really fast for a DT and has played well at times this year. Turner and Potter are going to be looked to step it up this next year. There will most likely be a surprise or 2 come shooting out of the pack to the top of the depth chart. From what I have read, the coaches really like David Harvey at DE. Maybe a guy to watch for in 07.

I also think the defense will be very good next year. I don't know what to expect from Keller. Sure he can throw with the best of them, but has he picked up the WCO enough to go through his reads. Its not the same passing attack he was used to at ASU. I think the season comes down to how well he understands it. Lets hope he has a monster year, I want Order Restored.

GBR!!! :woo:woo:woo

Couple things...............

I'd be reluctant on giving a kid who threw 5 picks in a game two years ago the Heisman trophy. At the same time, anyone who thinks anybody but Keller will start knows absolutely nothing about the politics of college football. Or anything about sheer talent for that matter. We don't have a better QB on this team and if he didn't transfer here we would be totally f-ed.

Our schedule is not going to be kind to us. A 10 win season will be a successful year next year. But don't be surprised if we don't win 10 games. We don't have enough horses yet to compete for a national championship.

None of us know how Bowman will come back from the injury. So, in my opinion, the secondary is still a liability. Landing that recruit the other day helped but we all know how long it took Bowman to adapt to D-1 football.

The only thing that concerns me about next year, is the lack of depth along the defensive line.. Suh is an animal but other than that, I don't know if we have the personal to stuff the run. Turner and Potter are more pass rushers right now, and depth is sort of lacking at every position. I hope we don't end up moving offensive lineman across to the dline but we might have to.

Not so fast my friend! Please don't doubt BT after what he has done so far. I guarantee you that he will better than both Moore and Carriker. (No disrespect) He has more speed to close on the run. BT has shown flashes of what he can do already and the scary thing is he is only going to get bigger and better.

We will be solid in 2007. With Keller at QB it's almost like having a returning starter at QB. Bowman's return is huge. He will be needed against USC. Booty will be a better QB in Lincoln than we saw in LA. I think we will see some changes on our line as well. We have a lot of talent redshirting this season. Roark may win the starting job at center.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Keller being the QB for the year that's for sure. I suspect that if he was given a garantee it's a garantee that is only good for "it's your spot to loose" BC by game 3 next year will drop Keller like a bad habit if he's got a better guy sitting on the bench.

Ganz runs the option. A friend found a door to the stadium open and watched them practice. Said he almost broke down crying. He didn't just say Ganz runs the option, He says Ganz is a smart runner, And a lot faster than Zac.

does this mean that NU will be running the option next year?????????????

The only thing that concerns me about next year, is the lack of depth along the defensive line.. Suh is an animal but other than that, I don't know if we have the personal to stuff the run. Turner and Potter are more pass rushers right now, and depth is sort of lacking at every position. I hope we don't end up moving offensive lineman across to the dline but we might have to.

Not so fast my friend! Please don't doubt BT after what he has done so far. I guarantee you that he will better than both Moore and Carriker. (No disrespect) He has more speed to close on the run. BT has shown flashes of what he can do already and the scary thing is he is only going to get bigger and better.

Isn't "The Beast" Brandon Johnson going to be one of the dt's as well? He is huge, plus there are still some juco guys we are going after. :bonez