SIGNED: FS/OLB Sean Fisher

From what I hear, the Husker coaches werent impressed enough to give Biere an offer, but Leverson did impress the coaches at the camp and he will most likely get an offer very soon. If and when Leverson gets that offer he will commit soon there after.

hard to believe that they werent impressed with him after being named MVP of the Columbia Nike Combine. but i was not there and i only have what is posted to believe so you never know.

I know this is a day or so old but I got this by email today.,

The suspense is over. Omaha Millard North's Sean Fisher has made it

official this afternoon. The top-notch 6-foot-5, 210-pound outside

linebacker has accumulated approximately 15 scholarship offers from all

over, but it came down to three schools - Oklahoma, Nebraska and

Arkansas. Which one will have his services over the next four to five

years? We have the major news here.

Sean Fisher is a Husker and 100% committed.

Prior to his offer from Oklahoma, it looked like it would end up being

Nebraska that would get Fisher's commitment, but the Sooners pulled

into

a tie with the Huskers and the Razorbacks were there, too.

In the end the University of Nebraska got the versatile Fisher to

commit. We have confirmed through Sean Fisher himself that he is a

Husker.

"Can I call you back?," he said about further quotes.

"Yes, I did (commit to Nebraska)," Sean said, referring to his NU

commitment. "You know, I have been leaning very close to (committing to

NU)."

One of the major factors for any recruit deciding on a certain school

is

the chance to have an interaction with the coaches/coach that he will

have to work with at the next level. Sean Fisher has had that chance

over the past few days at the Nebraska summer camps.

"Having a the chance to work with coach Cosgrove (has helped him

generally and in his decision)."

He felt in the end that Nebraska was the place for him to play

football.

His parents are enthusiastic about his final decision. They will have a

50 minute drive on Saturday mornings to get to Sean's games.

During a recent Nebraska summer camp session, he ran a 4.65-second

40-yard dash, a respectable 4.37-second 20-yard shuttle and his

vertical

came in just short of the 30-inch-mark. After that camp session he told

HuskersIllustrated.com what he felt like he had to work on the most.

"I would say the biggest thing I need to improve on is my coverage,"

Fisher said to us after the camp session. "When I was covering Collins

(Okafor), I was coming downhill instead of back-pedaling. That was

really the biggest thing I had to adjust to."

How about his strong points? What does he think about them? He has

played mostly the safety position at Millard North and he will have

some

transition, but nothing that he will not be able to pick up in time.

"I guess in the linebacker position I'm pretty green," he said. "I feel

at safety I have the speed and I have pretty good range...and I like to

hit."

He has all summer, fall and next year to refine his skills.

Two Nebraska coaches teamed up to get Fisher's commitment. First, his

recruiting coach, coach Dennis Wagner, set the tone for the final

decision and lately it has been defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove

that has been talking to Sean Fisher. It was an all-around team effort

by the Nebraska staff.

Besides Nebraska, Oklahoma and Arkansas, Fisher passed up on the

following Division-I schools (partial list): Wisconsin, Arizona State,

Iowa, Iowa State, Colorado, Colorado State, Vanderbilt, Kansas, Kansas

State, Northwestern, Arkansas and Washington.

Last year as a junior at Millard North, Fisher had close to 100 tackles

and he picked off three passes. He is looking forward to his senior

campaign at Millard North. Fisher earned first-team all-metro,

all-district, and all-state honors, as well as being selected as a

member of the Omaha World Herald's All-Nebraska team.

"I'm really excited about (his senior year)," he said during a recent

interview with him. "We have eight of 11 coming back on defense. The

(offensive) line will be a little newer, but we have plenty of

experience coming back and our quarterback, who will be a junior, is a

real good player and we are excited about him. I'm really excited about

us having a real good year."

This is a huge pick for Nebraska and Fisher makes it nine verbal

commitments for the 2008 recruiting class.

Great news. Particularly because he did not go to OU. That is to say, the more we can contest for kids who are going to other bigtime programs, the better. And, because it is another home grown Nebraska lad who is staying in state to play ball :restore:

Welcome aboard Fisher. Hopefully he stays true to his commitment until February.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/0...de987243902.txt

Millard standout picks NU

BY BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 - 04:59:27 pm CDT

Sean Fisher said he’s been leaning toward Nebraska for some time now. A visit earlier this week to the Big Red Football School sold the Millard North star.

Fisher on Thursday delivered, in person, his oral commitment to Nebraska football coaches. He’s the ninth member to orally commit to the Huskers’ 2008 recruiting class, choosing Nebraska over rival Oklahoma.

“I’ve been thinking about it really hard lately and have been really close with the whole deal,” said Fisher, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound high school senior.

“I was pretty sure (of my decision), and then going to camp and working with Coach (Kevin) Cosgrove ... I loved the way he coached.”

Advertisement

Fisher plays safety for Millard North and coach Fred Petito but will come to Nebraska as a linebacker. Fisher said he’ll focus initially on the SAM, or strongside, position.

In addition to Nebraska and Oklahoma, Fisher had offers from Arkansas, Iowa State, Colorado, Iowa, Arizona State and Wisconsin. He’s the fourth in-state player to join Nebraska’s 2008 class.

Ironically, his commitment comes only days after former Millard North teammate Corey Young asked for, and was granted, his scholarship release from Nebraska. Young, a cornerback, would have been a Husker sophomore this fall.

“It didn’t really affect me,” Fisher said of Young’s departure. “I talked to him a little bit. He talked about Coach Cosgrove and (strength) Coach (Dave) Kennedy. All I heard was positive things. Nothing negative. He just left more for personal reasons, that’s all.”

Fisher’s father played for Nebraska from 1980-83, something Sean labeled as only a minor factor in his decision.

“He just wanted me to find what was best for me,” Fisher said. “Just when it came down to sitting down and looking what was best, I thought Nebraska was better for me.”

Fisher said he was disappointed in his 40-yard dash time of 4.65 and shuttle time of 4.35 he ran in Nebraska’s high school camp earlier this week.

Fisher will play safety and running back this fall at Millard North — he said he prefers defense — and has already talked to Nebraska coaches about the Huskers’ depth chart at linebacker in 2008. Nebraska will lose seniors Corey McKeon, Lance Brandenburgh, Bo Ruud and Steve Octavien.

“It’s pretty wide open,” Fisher said, referring to the possibility of early playing time. “(Coach) thinks it kind of depends on me physically and how I grasp things.”

Reach Brian Rosenthal at 473-7436 or brosenthal@journalstar.com.

OWH story

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10043178

Fisher turns down OU for NU

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

• 2008 NU football commitments

RELATED

• 2008 NU football commitments

LINCOLN - In recruiting Sean Fisher, Oklahoma was able to detour his thoughts but ultimately couldn't derail his intentions.

Fisher listened when the Sooners called and offered a football scholarship last month. The Millard North safety even visited OU on his own two weeks ago.

But he found himself dialing Brent Venables on Thursday and telling the Oklahoma defensive coordinator and associate head coach that he was going to Nebraska - the first school to offer him and the front-runner for most of the process.

"Prior to the Oklahoma deal, Nebraska by far was the top favorite," Fisher said. "When they came, I was willing to give that a good look. After evaluating everything, Nebraska was still where I wanted to go."

NU rarely has to deal with OU coming into its backyard, so keeping Fisher should be considered a huge victory over the team that beat the Huskers for last season's Big 12 championship.

Millard North coach Fred Petito said NU assistant Dennis Wagner told him this week that he heard Fisher was leaning toward the Sooners. Petito told Wagner he wasn't sure that was the case.

"He just wanted to see what that place was all about, and he wasn't taking just a casual look," Petito said. "He's a real intelligent kid, and he was only going to make a decision he felt sure of."

Two things might have pushed Nebraska over the hump: proximity to home and the fact that the Huskers lose four senior linebackers after next season.

"That'll really open the positions for younger kids," said Fisher, who would arrive in 2008. "Nebraska had an opportunity in that sense."

Fisher is projected to transition from safety to linebacker in college. At 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds, he's about 30 or 35 pounds from having the ideal frame for the strongside slot.

Fisher spent Monday at Nebraska's camp and watched film Thursday with defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove in the Husker football offices. Cosgrove will be Fisher's position coach at NU.

"I told Coach Cosgrove that if you like him now, wait until you're around him every day and you're going to love him," Petito said.

Fisher said it "definitely was kind of a rush" to have Oklahoma so interested. Out of 15 total offers, OU and NU emerged from a final list that also included Arkansas and Iowa State.

Fisher said Venables just asked that he take a good look at the Sooners.

"I think they kind of knew it would be tough with a kid from Nebraska," Fisher said.

The commitment from Fisher was the ninth for Nebraska but only the second from a defensive player. Fisher has ridden back and forth to Lincoln before with I-back recruit Collins Okafor of Omaha Westside, and has talked some with offensive linemen Baker Steinkuhler of Lincoln Southwest and Trevor Robinson of Elkhorn.

Fisher was a World-Herald All-Nebraska player last season with 92 tackles and three interceptions as a junior.