SIGNED: FS/OLB Sean Fisher

And as I said before, it's very difficult to steal instate HS players who NU really wants. Harlan Gunn maybe is one, but it didn't seem like Callahan and company recruited him that hard. It didn't seem like there was much relationship building going on. The ones who generally got away and became decent division I players in the past are those NU didn't offer or offered as walk-ons. Or the case when Solich was fired, two or three instate players decommited from NU and committed to Iowa and KSU -- the big one we lost was Seth Olsen.

• 2 weeks later...

Article here:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=2396289

Says his list is down to Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Arkansas. Will likely visit all 4 schools with unofficial visits upcoming to OU and Arkie first.

I gotta believe we are gonna land this kid. He can play a lot here for many years. We can't let OU snatch him. I'd like to see Fisher, Brown, and Major in our LB class. OU is going down! :spooners

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=649400

Sean Fisher, the 6-foot-5, 210-pound, three-star linebacker from Millard North High School in Omaha (Neb.) has doubled his amount of scholarship offers in the last two months, upping his total to 14.

Some of Fisher's latest offers are from Colorado, Northwestern, Washington, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Wisconsin. "My feeling now is that I'd like to decide before our season gets going," he said. "I want to enjoy my senior season and not have this decision over my head."

Fisher, ranked No. 21 in the midlands by Scout.com, continues to favor Nebraska, which he now says leads slightly over Oklahoma, Arkansas and Iowa State. He grew up following the Huskers but their large lead has taken somewhat of a hit with the recent influx of offers he's received.

"There's more to consider now because I have a lot more schools that have offered me. But I still really like Nebraska. I talk with them frequently and like the coaches a lot. I talk with (linebacker) coach Kevin Cosgrove and (offensive line) coach Dennis Wagner a lot. I know them pretty well, especially coach Wagner because he was the one that first started recruiting me and has been with me since the beginning. I really like the whole staff though and just feel comfortable around them. They say that I'd make a good outside 'backer for them."

He plans on attending the Huskers' camp this summer. Fisher visited both Oklahoma and Arkansas this past weekend. "I love the program at Oklahoma," Fisher said. "It's so well known. Everybody knows OU football. Coach Bob Stoops and his staff have done a great job. The main thing that stood out about the campus was how close everything was. Everything is just within a few blocks. All you need is right there.

"I also got to talk with the coaches and (assistant head) coach Brent Venables went over their schemes with me and how I'd fit in and everything. We even got to watch some film together.

"Arkansas was a nice place too," Fisher said. "They have great facilities and I really like talking with (head) coach Houston Nutt. He's just a really personable guy and easy to talk to."

Fisher says he hopes to make a decision before the end of summer. "I've already been to Oklahoma and Arkansas and I know Nebraska really well too. I'd like to visit Iowa State one more time and talk to their coaches before I make my decision."

He reports a 3.3 core GPA and has a 27 ACT.

I can understand making the most of your recruiting experience, but this one seems to be enjoying it a little too much. I think he's serious about looking outside NE and i think he's seriously liking what he's seeing at OU.

Plus with the rivals thing and other rumores, i gotta think where there's smoke, there's fire.

Hoping for the best, but planning for the worst with this one.

huge tease on huskersillustrated saying that he might be a huge sooner lean here da link http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_noentry...p;tid=&mid=

I read the teaser..."99%" and "done deal"? :wtf

I can't see this being over at all. He is coming to the Nebraska camp so don't see him committing until after that. My feeling is he will be N.

Below is from an OU Board...a Husker fan is joking about how OU is snowing LB Jon Major...

"Don't have any linebackers huh?

With 11 LB's on your roster, only one a senior, and a LB recruit already committed how in the world would Venables lead Jon Major on to believe "He was also explaining that they didn't have a lot of linebackers and that I could help them real early. That's a pretty cool opportunity."

Hook line and sinker!"

Point is if OU is already snowing Major, where does that leave Fisher? Behind a stack of LB's (including Travis Lewis :rickjames). OU also recruiting Brown. Fisher can come here and be a great in-state success as we need LB's. At OU he is back of the pack...that's why I see Fisher coming here and us going hard after Brown and Major still.