FIRE CALLAHAN!

Callahan is a stupid game day coach. His predictable play calling was so bad and I don't even want to talk about the fake punt. That last drive was pretty damn bad. There was that 3rd down and long play and we do some freaking shovel pass and nobody blocks and he gets taken down for a loss rather than into a FG that Congdon has a 20% chance of making. I mean Jesus throw the freaking ball downfield on a 3rd and f**king long you idiot! We have no kicker. The only chance we have is if we get a 1st down. Then that 4th down and long and the play just goes ridiculousy bad and the ball is throw way out of bounds cause its a s**ty play. God damn we lose 5 games, go 4-5 against bowl teams this year, beat no one good and we say were 'making progress'. Well I don't see too much damn progress right now. I say Callahan is equally as bad as Solich so why the hell did we go through that mess 3 years ago? Nebraska can be great again with better coaches, and not accidental hires because of idiots like Steve Pederson. F**k Bill Callahan, hire a real coach next time.

Heh. Nice rant.

Callahan is a stupid game day coach. His predictable play calling was so bad and I don't even want to talk about the fake punt. That last drive was pretty damn bad. There was that 3rd down and long play and we do some freaking shovel pass and nobody blocks

huh. That part must have been left out of the play call.

Oh yea guys, and remember BLOCK. k?

I was ready to like Coach Callahan, or give him a second chance today (after he bungled up the Oakland Raiders), but his coaching today was pathetic. He had the opportunity to attempt 2 field goals, and threw them away. He could have called a time out to get enough time to call a play before the last Husker down, but instead of calling a time out or kicking the field goal he hurried the QB out there and he threw it away. And what was that fake kick early in the game from deep in Husker territory? All of Nebraska should be calling for his resignation!!!! This guy conned Oakland and Al Davis sent him packing.

The comentary was terrible too Callahan did NOT lead the Raiders to a cahmpionship like that corpse Pat Summerall said he did.

:bonez

First I have to say, I often question the playcalling and the overall game plan. However, I remember doing that when TO and FS were the head coaches. So, I have to say that is nothing different. Overall, I am happy about the direction of the program. Before people jump on me about being happy with medicocrity, I'm happy about the direction not about the current position of the program. I do believe we will continue to return to our place at the top with BC at the helm. All in all, this argument is rather stupid in my opinion, because none of us are the AD so we can't make the change. What we can do is support our program and continue to be some of the best fans in the country.

look at it this way..USC i admit callahan blew, but look at the losses

oklahoma state: up big, defense gave up, offense didnt execute

texas: great game plan, great execution, had the game except for a perfect hit that nunn or anyone else could not shy away from

oklahoma: quick score on fumble, taylor didnt execute at all, missed oppertunities

auburn: 2 costly turnovers, no execution

**the point is nebraska has been in every game this year. i am as big as husker fan as there is but i look at the team and blame the individuals on the field. callahan and coz and norvell don't play the damn game. they rely on the players to carry out the play and every play is sent in and is a good play if executed right. sure sometimes i like to think callahan called bad plays, but look at missed blocks, dropped passes, turnovers, that falls on the players. nebraska is a very good team, but the talent is not up to par like a USC, Ohio State. it comes in time and look to next year and the talent. Every player on the roster will be callahans player and he has guys to come in..keep your heads up and get off the coaches back

First off, Callahan called a tough game today. But, besides the fake punt call the players handed over the points. Recievers need to give Zac something to throw at. Zac needs to come to grips with the fact that he can't run and when he does my butt hole puckers up real tight. Marlon Lucky needs to stand down. Hes fast but the guy is all air and rarely gets more yards after initial contact. O line needs to play better cleaner football. Secondary needs talent. And thanks Fox for spending more time talking about Courtney Grixby's "hops" instead of talking about his lack of talent. No complaints about the front seven. Stud muffins, every one. I can blame a billion people along with Callahan for that rediculous fake punt call. But you know what. It won't help. He's progressing faster than expected. And Zac Taylor is our first decent quarterback in this system. It's gonna take some time to hammer out this offense for college play. I think it needs to get a little simpler. It looks like we are trying to do to much. And we need to the stuff that works when something works. I would have run BJ up the middle all morning until it stopped working. Guys, it sucks it really does. I thought we could beat them. I didn't know if we would. I didn't think it would have been that easy. Just sigh and wait for next season cause we are gonna rock.

Does anyone remember the fake punt in the SC game?

If it works it is great, if not the Coach sucks.

I agree some of the calls made me think of Frank. The same over and over.

I still would rather see Lucky on the bench and Jackson playing every down.

I would like to see us run the scripted plays over and over.

But one thing I did notice today and am very glad of. We are not that far behind in talent. The kids played equal to a team that beat LSU and Florida. That says alot about the recruiting that I had not been terribly excited about. Coach is bringing us back, maybe he needs to set down and look at the last two games and the SC game. I think he will get it together by next year.

Does anyone remember the fake punt in the SC game?

If it works it is great, if not the Coach sucks.

I agree some of the calls made me think of Frank. The same over and over.

I still would rather see Lucky on the bench and Jackson playing every down.

I would like to see us run the scripted plays over and over.

But one thing I did notice today and am very glad of it. We are not that far behind in talent. The kids played equal to a team that beat LSU and Florida. That says alot about the recruiting that I had not been terribly excited about. Coach is bringing us back, maybe he needs to set down and look at the last two games and the SC game. I think he will get it together by next year.

:yeah

Hello again,

Well, I am just as pissed off as most of you. Play calling was extremely poor at extremely critical times I agree with this 100%. Fire the coach? WTF? C'mon people. You know that Coach Callahan will not be fired over this, and that should not even be a discussion. He has taken responsibility for some boneheaded calls that he made, including the fake punt. Let's consider this, however. In watching the replay on the fake punt, I have determined that had that ball not been fumbled, he may still be running. Then the thread would be, "Callahan is a genius." I agree wholeheartedly that there is a thin line in Callahan's genius/stupidity in playcalling, but after I get done being angry, I'll be looking forward to reading stories about our top 10 recruiting class, weight room success stories, and the spring game. The coaching today sucked. This is not the first time that's happened. But if you consider the overall program, we continue to make progress. The most important thing is the team itself, and the kids believe in their coach. That's a whole lot more than I could say when Frankie was in town. Furthermore, I continue to admire Callahan's faith in his players to execute the plays. Much more confidence in the kids on the field than coach Solich ever seemed to convey. Coach Callahan will learn a lot from this experience, and next year when we have receivers who are just a bit stronger, and a kicker who can nail a kick of over 40 yards, we will not complain about so many playcalling choices as we did this year.

I'm not saying we should fire him because then we would have trouble finding someone to replace him because he did go to the Big 12 title game and the cotton bowl. It would be a similar coaching search to the one after Solich was fired. But I'm saying we need to see improvement actually. This 2007 season will be very important for Callahan if he wants to stay at Nebraska. I say they need to win 10 games and actually beat a good team. Otherwise we should just get rid of Callahan because he sucks as a game day coach. He never adjusts and thats what kills him.

new or not, i dont think that explains the reasons for his bad calls. if he can make good ones in the first half why not the second?

I dont know...maybe because he had weeks to prepare for the 1st half and minutes for the second?? being a coach is not easy...It takes years of experience for most to get a grip on