FIRE CALLAHAN!

Just thought I'd keep things simple and list the :asshat who either concur with this thread or give support to it:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1524

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=621

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2881 --I especially love this one: says he's been saying this from the beginning and its his first post!

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=769

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1103

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1055

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1168

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2102

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2886

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2493

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2888

Edited by Mods to remove personal attack Did you ever think that potential recruits go on and read these boards? They do very much so. What do you think these asinine remarks do for recruiting and recruits? You think top recruits want to go into a situation where the coach is on the hotseat? Dumbest thing in the world we could do is lose him...

LOUD NOISES!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

brick_tamland.jpg

Yes, Callahan made some mistakes (he even admitted that he did so). I don't know, its kind of like going for the 2points instead of kicking an extra point (mybe we should have fired that guy :dumdum ). I was upset, but I am logical enough to know that firing BC is rediculous.

So for all of you that want to fire Callahan... will we fire the next coach in a year or two when we don't win a national title either? Yes Callahan hasn't been perfect, but seriously how can any of you say we haven't improved... and realize that his first real recruiting class is only going to be juniors next year. Sure it isn't fair to compare Osborne and Callahan, but also realize when Osborne started coaching he was coaching in a different era. He inherated a much better team and he was running the same system that had been run before. Also college football was not as competitive as a whole back then, scholarship restirctions were much different and players were different... hell Nebraska was one of the first schools to really use a weightlifting program, everyone wants to just think about what we did in the 90's but I'd like to know what people would say about Callahan if he won every year but lost in bowl games... because as some of you may or may not realize, Osborne wasn't that great in bowl games for quite some time. You don't build a national title contending football team overnight... it takes time. If within the next 2 seasons we don't win a conference title and are a not a national threat, then there may be room to start asking questions on if this was the right move, but for the time being realize that the team has improved each year and I believe we are on track to get to where we need to be.

Yes we lost, BUT, we almost beat (probably should have beat) the #10 team in the nation. A team that beat two BCS teams. Even though we lost, this game showed me how far we have come from that 5-6 season. Of the five games we lost, we played USC, Texas, Oklahoma, and Auburn. Even though we lost these games, I think we played with all of them. This gives me real hope for the oncoming years. We will be force next year.

Yes we lost, BUT, we almost beat (probably should have beat) the #10 team in the nation. A team that beat two BCS teams. Even though we lost, this game showed me how far we have come from that 5-6 season. Of the five games we lost, we played USC, Texas, Oklahoma, and Auburn. Even though we lost these games, I think we played with all of them. This gives me real hope for the oncoming years. We will be force next year.

Agreed... the main difference this year, we beat every team we were supposed to beat... well except for OSU. Every game we lost we were picked to lose, yes we should have beat Texas and probably Auburn as well. Each year we've progressed, we've gone from losing to teams we should beat to beating teams we should beat, now hopefully next year we'll go from losing games we have a shot at winning, to winning games we have a shot at winning.

Worst play calling I have ever seen! Get rid of the bum , and i'm serious! Total idiot! There is no excuse for it!

wE DESERVE BETTER. 5 KICKERS ON THE ROSTER AND NONE CAN KICK OVER 40 YARDS WITH WIND AT OUR BACK?

Actualy, they would have been kicking into the wind.

Here's my thoughts on the game. First the Fake punt was there, they just blew it big time!!!!!!!! It was a good call had it worked but it didn't. Hey you can hang a lot on Cally as far as play calling is concerned but not this one. It was a good call.

Second point. Our recievers have hands made of rock. Purify has decent hands but couldn't get open all night. They guys that did get open should be playing handball because everything that came their way went flying with a loud doink

Even though we lost, this game showed me how far we have come from that 5-6 season.

This line cracks me up.

We never should have gone 5-6 to begin with. Our program did not need gutted. I just can't believe how many of you have fallen for the Pedeyspin propaganda machine.

I cant believe this post, it is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heard. okay so maybe the last four calls were dumb. however to say that he should be fired just shows that none of you know football at all, the ones who say that anyway. the fake punt was there, had it worked and gone for about 20 yards like it would have had shanle caught the ball you all would be saying how gutsy he is and he was really playing to win. the second score it was a lucky bounce for auburn, had nunn caught the pass it would have been about a five yard gain instead of them getting the ball on their ten. as for the guy who said that cally has turned us into a one dimensional team Edited by Mods to remove personal attack shouldnt be allowed to post on here anymore. Thats the only thing that needs to be said about that besides the fact that Taylor passed for over 3000 yards and I think the team rushed for close to 2000 yards, damn thats one dimensional. The fact of the matter is that we knew our secondary wasnt very good, and our team allowed around 80 yards rushing, and close to 2 yards a rush. the only reason we lost was by a fluke play, shanles stone hands and one drive that they just lobbed the ball to grixbys side and let the receiver jump over him. certainly bad job callahan (DUMB!!!!) They are getting better with each year that passes, but lets fire him and start over. Everyone that thinks that is an idiot and shouldnt talk football anymore!!!

I tried to avoid this thread, just like I used to try to avoid reading the "Voice from the Grandstand" in the OWH back in the old days. But just like then I'm drawn to it - almost like a car accident.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who cry for the firing of a coach after losses (and sometimes wins). I wonder if their employer applies the same criteria on their job performance.

The emotion of college football is a wonderful thing. But at times it gets carried away. And this is one of those times.

Worst play calling I have ever seen! Get rid of the bum , and i'm serious! Total idiot! There is no excuse for it!

I totally agree!! When will the true Husker fans realize that this guy is not the saving grace to lead the Cornhuskers back to National prominence. I have been watching this team for over 35 years and let me say that regardless of his recruiting prowess, his play calling is atrocious when it comes to getting his team psyched up for the big plays that win against quality opponents. Regardless of the steps we have made in the last three years, we still have as yet to beat a top ten opponent that would point to heading in the right direction.

This West Coast Offense has not appeared, directly noticed by many announcers of Nebraska games wondering when he will unleash the passing game with the quality receivers he has recruited but seldom used during his tenure. It's amazing that recruits can watch this team and still feel as though it is headed back to the National Championship contention. Wait till next year is only going to last so long before someone hopefully finally wakes up and realizes this guy is not the one to put us back on the map of feared opponents.

I totally agree!! When will the true Husker fans realize that this guy is not the saving grace to lead the Cornhuskers back to National prominence. I have been watching this team for over 35 years and let me say that regardless of his recruiting prowess, his play calling is atrocious when it comes to getting his team psyched up for the big plays that win against quality opponents. Regardless of the steps we have made in the last three years, we still have as yet to beat a top ten opponent that would point to heading in the right direction.

This West Coast Offense has not appeared, directly noticed by many announcers of Nebraska games wondering when he will unleash the passing game with the quality receivers he has recruited but seldom used during his tenure. It's amazing that recruits can watch this team and still feel as though it is headed back to the National Championship contention. Wait till next year is only going to last so long before someone hopefully finally wakes up and realizes this guy is not the one to put us back on the map of feared opponents.

If possible can you please list the "quality recievers he has recruited but seldum used". Not trying to be a wise guy but I just don't see any "quality" recievers the caliber of say OU, TX, ND, OSU, USC, etc. the list is very long. As far as national powess is concerned.......remember we were always known as a good team that couldn't compete with the top calibur teams in the country and would choke in the bowl game until a few national championships in the 90's. Our "national" prowess is limited to a span of about 4 or 5 years and that's it. Up to that point we were never feared, but known as the team that couldn't beat OU and would choke in the bowl game. I was never a big fan of Cally and expressed absolute dislike for Coz but these guys are both growing on me. We have a good o-line but not great, a great D-line, good LB's but not great, great but not the best running backs, Good QB (Zac is smart but he's not a great athelete), poor secondary, and poor recievers. What do you expect a national championship with that? As college football moves closer and closer to parady we are doing much better than we would with Solich at the healm with his recruits. Granted Franky had assembled a "once in a lifetime" defensive staff but his offensive staff was weak and his play calling was the worst in division 1. How easily we forget.

I was hesitant to post any comments on this topic because folks please face it we're stuck with Callahan. I didn't think Callahan was a great hire to begin with, but I was willing to let him put in his system and see what happened as if any of us had a choice. I now see the problem isn't the players, it's the coach himself. He admitted his play-calling stunk in the big 12 game and whatever that was yesterday well anyone could see it was the same crap we saw all year. NO SCORING IN THE SECOND HALF. I don't want to hear about all the great recruits because it doesn't matter. The coaching will remain the same with it's terrible uneven play-calling. And by the way, speaking of players, how many top 10 recruiting classes has Boise State had? It's all in the coaching and it's a shame Pederson didn't look a little harder when selecting a head coach instead of an NFL nomad who thinks 9 wins is great because it gets you in the NFL playoffs. I hope the big 12's crappy performance in the post season should really bring the most optimistic fans back to earth with the understanding what a weak conference this was this yr and how unimpressive winning the big 12 north really was.

Ill admit that his play calling was bad on the last possession, and i have no idea what his intent even was there. However I think it is important to remember that he does only have two years of recruiting under his belt. That makes his first full class of recruits SOPHMORES!!! He did have some talent when he got here, but not near enough to build a team around. When three out of the four players in our secondary are from the state of Nebraska and one of them didnt even play 11 man football in high school what does anyone expect. Our offense was good this year, not great, but that was one of the best defenses in the nation that we just played. They beat the potential National Champion, that should count for something. Taylor was a good quarterback and i think Nebraska owes him a lot, however he just doesnt have a ton of talent. He has a good arm, but i think the thing that hurt a lot was that he just didnt have very good feet or pocket presence. I would love to have someone compare Chad Hennes mechanics and Taylors. Its night and day. We did have a lot of talent this year, but the secondary was terrible, and the line was insanely young. Coaching can only do so much. It wasnt the best coached game, but with more talent, like the talent we are bringing in, we are only going to get better. Its only been three freakin years and he totally switched the offense!!!