Anti-Irish post

huskerduff

I know it's not related to the Big Red, but I hope everyone else is as happy as I am to see the Irish get demolished yet again in a BCS bowl. When will the powers-that-be realize Notre Dame and Charlie Wise aren't that good? What do they need to do to get an automatic BCS bid, beat the military academies? It makes for a horrible bowl game and is unfair for every other team in the top 10.

I was shocked to see Russell look like a better pro prospect than Quinn. He made sound decisions, stood tall in the saddle and delivered the ball very well. Quinn made some suspect choices at times that hurt the Irish. You don't see QBs come out early often, I think Russell just might do so. (He is a Jr isn't he?)

IFFFFFFF and thats a big Ifffffff. Florida upsets Ohio St. Would that make Boise St the best team in college football getting the shaft? I'm SEC biased, but you have to wonder. Should it have been two unbeatens playing in Glendale. Ohio St vs Boise St? Florida lost one game. Florida vs Oklahoma would have been a great game.

If you're not going to recognized the WAC conference and call it too weak. Why allow them to be in the BCS if their teams have no shot at playing in the championship game?

IFFFFFFF and thats a big Ifffffff. Florida upsets Ohio St. Would that make Boise St the best team in college football getting the shaft? I'm SEC biased, but you have to wonder. Should it have been two unbeatens playing in Glendale. Ohio St vs Boise St? Florida lost one game. Florida vs Oklahoma would have been a great game.

If you're not going to recognized the WAC conference and call it too weak. Why allow them to be in the BCS if their teams have no shot at playing in the championship game?

I think florida/ohio state will be a great game to watch. I also believe that if you are undefeated, you should play for the championship - regardless if you are a BCS conferance or not. That is the issue I have with the BCS. Auburn got the shaft two seasons ago, now Boise St. I lean more and more to a playoff every year, that will atleast give non-bcs teams a chance to take home the big one.

I was shocked to see Russell look like a better pro prospect than Quinn. He made sound decisions, stood tall in the saddle and delivered the ball very well. Quinn made some suspect choices at times that hurt the Irish. You don't see QBs come out early often, I think Russell just might do so. (He is a Jr isn't he?)

Yes he's a Jr. so he can't be 'ranked' on draft boards. Mel Kiper (I really have to work to stomach him) did say however that he and Quinn would not only be 1-2 of QB's picked...but could very well be 1-2 in the draft overall if he comes out early. He said the thing is...Oakland will have the first pick with Detroit 2nd. Oakland's offense (or what slightly resembles an offense) is a perfect fit for Russell, Detroits is more of a fit for Quinn. Hmmmm....Quinn has been the #1 guy all year, and now?????

The upside though is that I LOVE to see ND get humiliated on national TV.

I couldn't agree more! They keep getting thrown in against teams that deserve to be their and keep getting humiliated. The only thing better would be if they got blown out by Boise st!

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself with the photo!

The upside though is that I LOVE to see ND get humiliated on national TV.

I couldn't agree more! They keep getting thrown in against teams that deserve to be their and keep getting humiliated. The only thing better would be if they got blown out by Boise st!

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself with the photo!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

:clap:clap:laughpound:laughpound