Do we still need another JUCO QB

Although we've had a lot of QB recruits in (and out) of the system. I'm still wondering - do we need another?

I have no doubts that Sam should be able to lead the team next year, BUT he has only one fall & spring to learn the offense and then we are a hit away from potential trouble.

Zach Lee is hurt, and, once again, one spring to learn the offense.

Pat Witt, unless an unbelievable freshman should probably redshirt. New speed of game and only one spring to learn the offense.

That leaves Joe & Beau.

Seems to me that Beau just doesn't have the ability to get to the size to take any sort of pounding.

What about Joe then - can he do it? Can he lead us to a Big 12 Championship & a win in a BCS bowl (my minimum expectation for next year). I personally don't think he will beat out Keller, but your entire season should not rely on the health of any one player (i.e. Keller).

So, do we need another JUCO QB?

Joes Ganz isn't so bad, he just doesn't have a lot of experience. Remember, Taylor made a lot of mistakes his first year.

My only hope is that next year, we get enough of a comfortable lead against our weaker opponents that we can throw in Ganz or Lee or Davis or whoever to get them some experience. Otherwise, we could be looking at an untested QB in 08 (which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd like us to have someone who's seen real game speed calling the shots).

Joes Ganz isn't so bad, he just doesn't have a lot of experience. Remember, Taylor made a lot of mistakes his first year.

My only hope is that next year, we get enough of a comfortable lead against our weaker opponents that we can throw in Ganz or Lee or Davis or whoever to get them some experience. Otherwise, we could be looking at an untested QB in 08 (which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd like us to have someone who's seen real game speed calling the shots).

:yeah

You must also take into account that we can now run the ball taking a great deal of pressure off whoever is standing behind center. The Huskers should be a better team overall next year with some questions at QB and D-line.

I think this guy's available. But I'm not sure of his 40 time.

Fat%20Football%20Player.jpg_thumb.jpg

That must be a trick play where he stuffs the f'ball in his shirt, or maybe even swallows it. :dunno

According to my friend's, uncle's, cousin who is really "tight" with the program and has a ton of inside info, he runs the forty in 4.25, can squat 650, bench 400, and throw the ball 95 yards on a rope! Problem is he may not be academically eligible.

I wouldnt worry.

Lee should be ready by spring ball. And very well may redshirt.

Witt they plan on redshirting.

From everything the coaching staff has said, Ganz knows the system. And when Taylor was going through graduation cerimonies, Ganz ran the first team in pratice, and Norvel said he did great.

All getting another Juco would do is put them in the same boat at Lee and Witt, not knowing the offense yet, and adjusting to the speed of the game. In my opinion, we are stacked at QB right now.