Its not the end of the world.............

Travis9

Bjax is gone and good luck no best of luck to him.

For all those crying in there milk get over it, this is not a loss to the huskers.

It is getting old hearing all this best all around back BS. He was good but not even our best.

Lucky WILL have a breakout year next year. He is better all around. He catches the ball better, he is faster and can take it to the house, he blocks as well, and runs inside as well.

Ive seen the statement that Zac's problems happened when Bjax wasnt in the game. What a crock of Shi.

Zac's problems were mainly his own. he held the ball too long, he didnt have a great arm, he was average at best.

We all like to think we know things but there is a reason that Cally and Co. hold him in high esteem and as much as i hate to admit it Cally is probably more right than us.

We will be fine next year probably better with less of a log jam and the person who needs the ball (lucky) getting it with regularity

Lucky is a game changer/ impact player / threat to take it to the house anytime he touches it. He was just a block away from breaking so many more big runs this year, and I think hes going to keep getting better and this year he will break some of those. I can't even explain how shocked I was seeing Lucky the first couple of games this year, he was just so much better than in '05 and if he keeps improving like that this guy could seriously find himself in a Heisman contention '08 or a high draft pick '07. We also have Glenn who looked like a #1 back at times (Iowa St & A&M). Before the year everyone had Jackson as the #4 RB on our team, and I would agree with that at times. Lucky had his big games, Glenn had a couple big games, Wilson had some nice carries for the few he got, and Jackson also looked great in a lot of games. We are stacked at RB :bonez

Not trying to be negative but if Lucky wants to see more playing time hes going to have to work on blocking and running through tackles. And Wilson needs to work on holding on to the ball. I think if anyone is going to step up or get better it will be Wilson. He will have the playbook down and he is a very explosive runner who when he is in scoring mode hes hard to bring down. Dont be surprised to see a truefreshman in the mix next year. Cant wait for 07, best luck to Bjax. :restore

Not trying to be negative but if Lucky wants to see more playing time hes going to have to work on blocking and running through tackles. And Wilson needs to work on holding on to the ball.

Those are very true. Lucky is a bit soft in the department and also when it comes to finishing out runs for tough yardage. Wilson, IMO, has so much damn potential and I just hate to think what he could be. He is so fast and tough, but like you said needs to hold on to the ball.

I think the biggest reason glenn and wilson didnt get a lot of playing time this year is bc they were such terrible blockers and wilson just couldnt hold onto the ball. I will admit I have wanted Lucky to start since the day he got here, he is so highly touted and I just want him to do well. BJax earned my respect throughout the season. He has he ability to take it to the house, is a better inside runner, a good blocker and pass catcher. I think the only thing that lucky doesnt have that Bjax did was the ability to break tackles. It seems like Lucky almost dives into the ground sometimes. I wish he had the determination to just not go down, like Adrian Peterson or even Cody Glenn. I think we will not miss a beat next year, bc we have so much talent and depth. We will have another power runner even if Glenn does get hurt, we will have another all purpose back even if Lucky does get hurt. I also agree that Lucky will have a breakout season and I also saw a HUGE difference this year from last year.

i will miss BJ....he really perservered through a lot of injuries and beign buried on the depth chart.....so good luck to him..

Lucky will be just fine.....he is getting better and better all of the time....Break out year !!!

Glenn needs to get this injury figured out...maybe surgery????

Wilson needs to hold onto the ball and RUN

Does anyone out there think that Castille can come in and be an impact RB as a true freshman...He has the great size like Glenn and appears to have more break away speed than Glenn..... almost a cross between Lucky and Glenn.

one thing I don't like about Lucky is that he seems to twinkle toe in the back field and is indecisive in picking the hole to run through. He just seems to not hit the holes quick enough...maybe he's just trying to be patient, I dunno. Honestly though, as of right now, I don't see what he was hyped up to be. He's doesn't seem big enough to run over anybody, and rarely does he dance around someone.

I'm expecting Kenny Wilson to be the man next year...I think he has the tools and potential to be our most complete back next year.

Born Red..... I agree with your assessment of Lucky's running style....he has/had a bad habit of dancing... I believe this comes from not having to go inside in HS..... At that level, his speed was so exceptional, he was able to bounce everything outside...not going to work at this level.

I thought that he did much better this year than last, but still needs to improve.. The Cotton Bowl was his best job of running North and South and getting his shoulders turned upfield on the zone stretch plays... I just feel as if he is starting to figure out what it takes....

Remember, who actually thought BJ was going to have the breakout year that he had...hell, he was listed at 4th on the depth chart at one time...

Someone will step up and be a great back.

All of the problems or questions of concerns being brought up about Lucky, Glenn, and Wilson, are the exact same problems or questions of concerns that we were having last off season as well. All of the players on the team have stuff to work on during the off season and I think they will get better. How much better is unknown, but they will all get better.

Does anyone out there think that Castille can come in and be an impact RB as a true freshman...He has the great size like Glenn and appears to have more break away speed than Glenn..... almost a cross between Lucky and Glenn.

Yes.........IF, he learns and understands the offense well enough by fall, and if it doesnt take him more than a few games to adjust to the speed of the game.

I love how sometimes I sound like I know what I'm talking about. :lol: