S Brandon Leslie

Yeah why havent anyone other then us offered him ?

he holds offers from at least Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Nevada, and Washington. those are just the schools that he is interested in. I am sure that he has other offers to go along with them

NU was the first to offer (a verbal during his sophmore year) and a written as soon as NU was able to legally

• 2 weeks later...

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=656755

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Jul 6, 2007

"Nebraska probably has just a small lead over Georgia Tech," Brandon Leslie said. "Georgia Tech's in the ACC, one of the best conferences," he said. "Coach BJ (Brian Jean-Mary) came down from Atlanta to watch me practice and offered me right away after that. Georgia Tech plays big-time football and there's a lot to do in the city. Most likely I'll choose between Georgia Tech and Nebraska..."

Brandon Leslie, the 6-foot, 195 pound safety from Edison High School in Fresno, Calif., remains convinced that Nebraska and Georgia Tech are the best spots for him.

"There's a 95% chance I'll choose either Nebraska or Georgia Tech," Leslie said. They are both recruiting me the hardest. I'll be visiting Georgia Tech on Sept. 15 for their game vs Boston College. It'll be on national television at night.

"And that advantage is mostly about family," he said. "Nebraska was the first school to offer me and my cousin is Steve Taylor, who played quarterback for the Cornhuskers in the '80s.

"We talk once every 2-3 weeks or so," Leslie said. "I just talked with him last week. He says Nebraska is great and that the fan support is terrific. They love you there. Steve's in real estate in Lincoln and he'd be there for me if I went there.

"I have another cousin named Toney McCray who just signed with Nebraska to play basketball. He's in summer school there now, getting ready for his freshman year. That could be a big factor for me.

"Nebraska texts me every day and they check on me and my family," he said. "They say I'm their main guy. They know I want to commit somewhere early so they want me to visit early in the season. I'll probably go a couple of weeks after I visit Georgia Tech.

"Coach (Dennis) Wagner is my recruiting coach for Nebraska. He is a real good guy and is a good friend of my coaches', Tim McDonald. Tim played at USC and he supports the Trojans, but he doesn't promote them. He just wants his kids to get somewhere and doesn't care where they go. Lots of players go to UCLA from Edison.

"Nebraska really needs safeties, they say," Leslie said, "and I'm their main priority. I think I'm more of a strong safety and that's how most schools are looking at me because I'm strong and physical. But I'm also athletic enough to play corner. I'm real aggressive in the box, head-to-head on the tight end. I'm almost like a rover.

"Nebraska probably has just a small lead over Georgia Tech," he ventured. "Georgia Tech's in the ACC, one of the best conferences," he said. "Coach BJ (Brian Jean-Mary) came down from Atlanta to watch me practice and offered me right away after that. Georgia Tech plays big-time football and there's a lot to do in the city.

"I used to be a fan of Georgia Tech when I was younger. The Yellow Jacket's were my favorite mascot," he said.

"Most likely I'll choose between Georgia Tech and Nebraska," Leslie said. "If I was to commit now, it would be to one of those schools. It will be a really hard decision. I've never been to either Lincoln or Atlanta yet, so I don't know what they're really like.

Arizona, Washington and UCLA (no offer) have only a slim shot at Leslie, who says he also has offers from Stanford, San Jose State, Nevada and Air Force

"Robert Golden is already committed to Arizona and he's my best friend. He plays corner for my team.

"Coaches J.D. Williams (secondary) and Tyrone Willingham are both good coaches," he said.

"UCLA is close to home and it would be convenient for my family to see me play," Leslie said. "They are a good school and are in a nice area with nice people. They had the Pac-10's leading defense last year. If I went to school in Los Angeles, I'd pick UCLA over USC. A lot of kids dream to play for USC but they are really stockpiled with talent.

"UCLA has had good players from Edison like Ricky Manning and Brandon Breazell (wide receiver) will be a senior and Courtney Viney (defensive back) will be a freshman."

Leslie isn't attending any college football camps this summer.

He reports a 3.3 core GPA and expects to receive results from his June ACT and SAT shortly.