Starting QB

I believe that the only way there is really going to be any competition at the quarterback spot is if Keller cannot pick up the offense. I think he has proved that he has the skills to be a successful quarterback, the thing he has to prove now is if his skills can transfer over to our offense.

The only way there is going to be competition at the quarterback position is if Keller gets hurt.

I think he will be an upgrade as well. Taylor was good there is no doubt about that. However, I think next year we will se what a more athletic qb who has a good grasp on the offense can do. Keller will be able to throw the ball downfield more. I also think he will be able to check off better and just dump the ball off if the big play isnt there. Something that I noticed Taylor missed a lot this year. Another thing I noticed was that Taylor was not that good at seeing what the defense was going to do. A lot of time he would wait to long for the receiver to be open instead of reading how their body was turned or something like that. I think that will be an upgrade as well, Keller will be able to anticipate what the defense is going to do. I personally dont think there will be a question as to who the starter is next year. I think the coaches have to say that so the others try hard and push Keller, but they have a great idea as to who is going to be in command.

i agree, this is pretty much a done deal. keller has had all fall to throw on the scout team and learn the play book. he strikes me as the type of qb that can throw the ball to "the right place" the right shoulder, etc. and throw a deep ball accurately, provided he has time in the pocket.

we'll see, but for all practical purposes he has been tagged as the starter.