Bo Ruud...

BigBL87

I really hope Keller is as good as advertised. I'm also not sure how good Chase Daniel is. I would give the nod to McCoy or Bobby Reid over him. It will be interesting to see how Purify evolves and if they let Keller and he loose.

One thought, it is only special teams, but do we have a kicker or punter worth anything???

No way that Daniels is better than Keller. He picked his nose on t.v. for crying out loud.

Ruud's greatest asset, imo, is his consistency. His athleticism has come into question, but that is not why he sees the field. He is not the type of player, like I think Octo can be if healthy, that can make freakish plays and take over a game. He is smart, and this puts him where he is supposed to be a great percentage of the time. Against the run, he won't blow through a lead blocker and bury the ball carrier. But, he will fill the hole and wrestle the halfback down any way necessary. He makes all the mundane plays. He doesn't have the athleticism to make the circus catch interception. He gets his interceptions by knowing the scheme, being in the right place at the right time, and the QB makes a mistake. He is very good at closing the passing windows. Gotta love the lineage though. Go Big Red!

I know alot of people around here are really critical of Bo Ruud. Sure, he's not the fastest or most athletic, but apparently he's impressing people outside of Nebraska. I thought this was kind of interesting, Rivals.com has him ranked as the #1 Linebacker in the Big 12.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=644371

Nuff said. Evryone talks so highly of Octo but he hasnt proved much. Until he has done what Ruud has then you can say hes our best LB.

Ruuds problem has nothing to do with what he does on field but what has happened off the field. I mean come on, how could his parents have an older sibling that was so good that Bo has to be compared to him. Shame on them ;) Bo is a heck of a player, a little cocky off the field, but great on it. He just has to live up to big brother Barrets shadow. Thats a tough path to follow down in my opinion.

Other than a very good 1st quarter against Maine 2 seasons ago, Octo hasn't impressed me. He's supposedly got potential, but he hasn't even looked as good as Ruud - that's why Ruud's starting at WLB. And rumor has it Octo has work ethic and attitude problems off the field which has gotten him into hot water with the coaches.

JMO, but I think Ruud is a very good LB, while Octo continues to just have potential. I certainly hope Octo will emerge from the depth chart, but I expect he'll ride the bench this year.