QB Blaine Gabbert

I hope Gabbert stays with us because he looks like a promising QB, but as a program we are better than a group of 4 and 5 stars and need to get by this time and improve it now.

agreed.... My biggest concern is that we lose gabbert AND lee. as long as we keep one of them I am fine.

I don't think Lee will be going anywhere...after all he already transferred here from another school so I doubt he would want to transfer and sit out another year..

I hope Gabbert stays with us because he looks like a promising QB, but as a program we are better than a group of 4 and 5 stars and need to get by this time and improve it now.

agreed.... My biggest concern is that we lose gabbert AND lee. as long as we keep one of them I am fine.

I don't think Lee will be going anywhere...after all he already transferred here from another school so I doubt he would want to transfer and sit out another year..

he came here from a JUCO and didnt need to sit out any time. he could play this year if needed. however he will probably redshirt and have 3 years to play.

if he transfers to another d1 school he would then have to sit out 1 year

A St. Louis radio station is reporting that Gabbert along with another NU commit (possibly a WR?) are supposed to be in attendance for the Texas Tech @ Missouri game this Saturday.

What are Nebraska fans' thoughts on this? I know Missouri fans seem to be a little divided on if they would want Gabbert (probably 70-30 in favor), but I have heard many people over here say that if you guys lose one or two recruits it's not a big deal because it is for the overall good of the program. Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask about this receiver (no idea who it is; wouldn't surprise me if the station were off on this part) or Compton and your take on their status.

Also, do most Husker fans think their might be renewed energy for the game this weekend or do you think things will be similar to the last two weeks because Callahan is still the head man (for now)?

A St. Louis radio station is reporting that Gabbert along with another NU commit (possibly a WR?) are supposed to be in attendance for the Texas Tech @ Missouri game this Saturday.

What are Nebraska fans' thoughts on this? I know Missouri fans seem to be a little divided on if they would want Gabbert (probably 70-30 in favor), but I have heard many people over here say that if you guys lose one or two recruits it's not a big deal because it is for the overall good of the program. Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask about this receiver (no idea who it is; wouldn't surprise me if the station were off on this part) or Compton and your take on their status.

Also, do most Husker fans think their might be renewed energy for the game this weekend or do you think things will be similar to the last two weeks because Callahan is still the head man (for now)?

The juice (possibly losing Gabbert), is worth the squeeze (moving on from this administration)...besides, wasn't he benched in a high school game a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah, he was benched in favor of his little brother. Supposedly he had an injury that was acting up and it wasn't because of his poor performance. He has played better recently but his numbers still aren't on par with his 5-star status. Many people have said his poor numbers can be attributed to a lack of talent around him, but I haven't seen him play.

FYI, the radio report is second-hand information although it comes from a very reliable person. I don't live in the St. Louis area to actually hear the report.

Yeah, he was benched in favor of his little brother. Supposedly he had an injury that was acting up and it wasn't because of his poor performance. He has played better recently but his numbers still aren't on par with his 5-star status. Many people have said his poor numbers can be attributed to a lack of talent around him, but I haven't seen him play.

FYI, the radio report is second-hand information although it comes from a very reliable person. I don't live in the St. Louis area to actually hear the report.

don't get me wrong, he seems like a stellar athlete, and if (more likely when) we have a new coaching staff...I feel he may still be sold on Nebraska...but no I wouldn't count out Mizzou either...I think we are prepared to take our lumps in recruiting...we have seen plenty of five stars come in that are overhyped and underprepared.

My thoughts are - I could care less who transfers, doesnt want to come here, waffles, changes their mind, decommitts, etc. I only care who we have and who will stick it out. Take those men to the battles. Play for the N.

Given that the national media (and not just us losers on internet message boards) are thinking BC's out, then I expect all recruits to evaluate their situation. I think they just need to listen to TO that nothing will be decided until season's end and then the football program will be evaluated. This happens at EVERY school. What should be more disconcerting, and probably is, to these recruits is the meltdown ON THE FIELD, not what has happened with the AD position. The AD position only is of concern to the recruits because the media is stating the BC is out. However, I think they'd be saying the same thing no matter what. You can't have this kind of meltdown without being on the hot seat.

don't get me wrong, he seems like a stellar athlete, and if (more likely when) we have a new coaching staff...I feel he may still be sold on Nebraska...but no I wouldn't count out Mizzou either...I think we are prepared to take our lumps in recruiting...we have seen plenty of five stars come in that are overhyped and underprepared.

as in plenty u mean 3 right?

as in plenty u mean 3 right?

i'm not sure where to find this, it's on rivals right?

Marlon Lucky, Zach Bowman, Andre Jones, Leon Jackson...

there are still plenty of four stars that heve never added up to anything... (and I have no idea what the number is)

Maybe we should just get rid of the coaching staff now.

If recruits are already starting to look elsewhere no matter if the coaching staff stay are not then the excuse of keeping this staff for recruiting purpose is no longer an valid one.

Can't keep a coach if every year this comes up and he can't tell recruits that he's here to stay because he signed a contract extension since it's already been documented that NU has the money and can buy it out.