Carriker First Round #21

From Fox Sports' Peter Schrager 3/1/07

"21. Broncos Adam Carriker DE Nebraska Senior 21st SAME 21st / NR

Carriker was terrific in Mobile a few weeks back at the Senior Bowl. Though his senior season at Nebraska featured few awe-inspiring highlights, his overall career in Lincoln was steady, if not superb. Denver's defense glowed in the first eight weeks of the season, only to crumble down the stretch. Carriker will be a nice addition to the unit. At the Combine, he held his own -- keeping himself in the 10-25 range for April's draft. "

Being a Broncos fan, I'd like that and it would be a good fit for him too I think. What do ya'll think?

:bonez

I'm still holding on to the little hope there is for the 49ers to grab him at 11 but that is probally just too high and they have many other needs that they could fill at that spot.

NFL Draft Countdown has him #11 to 49ers that would put 3 DEs in the top 11. Carriker is a lock in the top 20 and could go anywhere as high as 3 to 20. I think it will be interesting to see where Moore and Bradley also go Ive heard both of them in the 1st just not consistantly.

My wife is a huge Broncos fan, and she would love nothing more than to have AC go to Denver......partly, because she wants to see KC husker's reaction if Carriker wears blue and orange... Personally, the Steelers would be a nice fit...seriously....when they let Von Olhaufen (sp) walk last year, that really took a lot from their D-line pressure....

I'm still holding on to the little hope there is for the 49ers to grab him at 11 but that is probally just too high and they have many other needs that they could fill at that spot.

NFL Draft Countdown has him #11 to 49ers that would put 3 DEs in the top 11. Carriker is a lock in the top 20 and could go anywhere as high as 3 to 20. I think it will be interesting to see where Moore and Bradley also go Ive heard both of them in the 1st just not consistantly.

If Carriker, Moore, and Bradley all go in the first round; does this still mean we didn't have any talent? I don't want to open this can of worms, but I want to know the answer. When was the last time we had 3 players go in the first round? Have we ever had 3 players all playing on one side of the ball go in the first round? We can go round and round on this, but we've had some players over the last couple of years go pretty high in the draft. How do we measure talent? I hope they all do go in the first round. I just think we maybe had a little more in the cupboard than what higher ups were telling us. Btw, who recruited these 3 that might all go in the first round?

If Carriker, Moore, and Bradley all go in the first round; does this still mean we didn't have any talent? I don't want to open this can of worms, but I want to know the answer. When was the last time we had 3 players go in the first round? Have we ever had 3 players all playing on one side of the ball go in the first round? We can go round and round on this, but we've had some players over the last couple of years go pretty high in the draft. How do we measure talent? I hope they all do go in the first round. I just think we maybe had a little more in the cupboard than what higher ups were telling us. Btw, who recruited these 3 that might all go in the first round?

Who, precisely, has opined that we didn't have any talent? If a board member, I'd like to see a link to their posts. If a coach or NU administrator, as implied by your post, please provide a link to the article in which they are quoted as stating that NU didn't have any talent. If your reference to "higher ups" is neither a coach or a member of the NU administration, please post their name, the criteria that makes them a "higher up" (and a "higher up of what, precisely) and a link to the article in which they are quoted as saying that NU lacked any talent. I, for one, have argued that we have lacked talent in specific positions, as have many others. But I can't recall anyone, anytime, saying we didn't have any talent..

Also, having NFL-caliber talent at some positions doesn't equate to all positions, or that all positions have great talent, which is the difference between NU's current state and teams such as USC and Texas.

As for who recruted the three potential first rounders, it was Solich. Proving, once again, that even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while...