Marcus Mendoza to be used in KO and punt returns?

If the coaches believe he can make an immediate impact as a return man it is DEFINITELY worth it for him to play next season. Since he will be here for spring it won't be as big of a shock to his system to play against D-1 competition. Plus with the sudden shortage we have at RB it is going to be imperative that he be ready to go if he were needed to go.

WE NEED A BREAKAWAY THREAT! If he is it according to the coaches, by all means get his ass in there.

i think you will see Prince handling some returns this year as a true freshman. in fact many of the Arizona "5" may have some real opportunities right away. could be wrong too, but we shall see.

If he is better than everyone else that is trying to be a returner then it is a great move. I believe the last person to return a kickoff for a touchdown was Joe Walker back in the 90s (I could be wrong). When need to change that.

Lucky had one 2 years ago called back against KU.

If you've seen any video's of Mendoza, you'd be excited about him returning kicks. The guy's not only fast, but he gets going in no time at all. He pretty much takes a step and he's top speed. And he's shifty, and just strong enough to slip a couple of tackles if they don't get a good angle on him. I'm really excited for Mendoza, probably more then any other player in this class.

If he is better than everyone else that is trying to be a returner then it is a great move. I believe the last person to return a kickoff for a touchdown was Joe Walker back in the 90s (I could be wrong). When need to change that.

Lucky had one 2 years ago called back against KU.

Yeah Lucky had that one but it got called back on a fluke holding call... Lucky was 15 yards from the Endzone and 2 players started kind of fighting on the opposite 40 yard line and they called holding. I think we will see Mendoza on the field for sure because it doesnt seem like BC likes to redshirt a lot of guys.

I think we will see more of Mendoza than we will of Prince. Not only in kickoff returns and punt returns, but depending on how our RB's are feeling he may get some reps in there as well. :w00t

you may well see Castille at RB, before Mendoza gets a chance.....either way, there are some nice possibilities coming out this spring and next fall and things can change alot between now and then too.