Witt responds well!!

The point is we have not seen Ganz. He should have seen the field alot last year. Keller is the clear choice by the staff at this time.

One thing people keep forgetting about is Keller was dropped to #2 because the team did not want him as the QB, the unity council made the decession and the coach followed. It was not just the young QB saying he was leaving. There was a major uproar about his off campus actions and activities. I still have reservations about those things.

He came here for a reason. He would not have played at Arizona State. I hope he has grown up enough to take advantage of the gift he was given by BC. I respect BC's judgement. So I am hoping for BC's sake he comes through as most are expecting.

I respectfully disagree with you skers. The "unity" counsel was not representative of the entire team. ASU voted Sam as a captain, Koetter names Keller the starter, that day, a couple of players talk to Koetter, not the entire team, just a couple of guys. You dont know why those few guys wanted Carpenter as the quarterback. I do not believe that it is far fetched to believe that those guys knew about Carpenter being upset and thinking about transferring, and wanted to keep him on the team because he was younger than Keller. Believe me, just because you are 22, doesnt mean that you dont think you can run a team. They obviosuly fired Koetter over this, and I have yet to hear a peep out of any of the players on the team about how this was unfair because Koetter made the right decision. I dont believe that Keller lost the team, I just think a few induviduals made poor leadership decisions.

Chi,

I have been told the unity council wanted him gone for reasons off campus. Actiivities that will certainly get him removed from this team if he partakes.

None of us really know the reasons he was dropped. I hope for BC's sake he made the right decession. I must admit I have questioned it since day one. I remember the Deangelo Evans deal. The unity council is normally the main players who look to make the situation better. Them requesting his demotion concerns me.

I have not researched much on him. I give him the benefit of the doubt due to my loyalty to BC. But I want to see us have every able bodied QB available incase something does happen, either physically or mentally with our starter.

The truth is Ganz is the only QB on the roster who has taken a snap with this offense. Ganz had some mop up duty in a few games last year, and apeared to play rather well, 3 TDs no INTs.

Not that it matters all that much in the race (unless you ask the coaches) Davis did play in the Texas Tech Blowout in Cally's first year.

The truth is Ganz is the only QB on the roster who has taken a snap with this offense. Ganz had some mop up duty in a few games last year, and apeared to play rather well, 3 TDs no INTs.

Not that it matters all that much in the race (unless you ask the coaches) Davis did play in the Texas Tech Blowout in Cally's first year.

True. Though I do try to block out his 4 or 5 turnover perfomance in that game. He threw a few TDs for Tech that game.

Chi,

I have been told the unity council wanted him gone for reasons off campus. Actiivities that will certainly get him removed from this team if he partakes.

None of us really know the reasons he was dropped. I hope for BC's sake he made the right decession. I must admit I have questioned it since day one. I remember the Deangelo Evans deal. The unity council is normally the main players who look to make the situation better. Them requesting his demotion concerns me.

I have not researched much on him. I give him the benefit of the doubt due to my loyalty to BC. But I want to see us have every able bodied QB available incase something does happen, either physically or mentally with our starter.

Decession? :blink:

So you really wanted Sammy to go to Oklahoma.. <_<

A member of the Punity Counsil told me the only problem they had with Sam was he hates paper cups..

"He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!!!" :ahhhhhhhh

-Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin) in "The Jerk" [A sniper keeps missing Navin and hitting cans of motor oil.]

I think he bypasses Ganz, so I do not see a redshirt for him. If he is as good as told, he will not be here through graduation anyway. We need solid back up for Keller, and I think he is it. We have been very fortunate with Zac not being injured. This year the competition will be tougher, more chances for injury.

With all due respect, I think that is crazy. There is no way he bypasses Ganz, at least this year. Ganz can run this system in his sleep probably, whereas Witt has a good grasp "for a new guy." Ganz may not be an All-everything QB, but I trust him more than Lee and Witt for this year and probably next year too. In addition to his playbook knowledge, Ganz has another thing on Witt, and that is mobility. Given, Witt is not as much of a statue as ZT was, but Ganz definitely has better mobility. As far as a QB for this system, I would say that Witt has the best raw talent to fit to this system out of our backups, although I think Lee is not far behind. The thing is though, Lee and Witt are both relatively raw, whereas Ganz is well rounded and has experience. At least for this coming year, there is no question in my mind that Ganz will be above Lee and Witt as far as depth goes.

True. Though I do try to block out his 4 or 5 turnover perfomance in that game. He threw a few TDs for Tech that game.

In that 70-10 loss Dailey had the lone TD pass for Nebraska and Davis threw 4 picks. While a couple got down near the goalline none of the picks were actually returned for TDs.

Ganz will be our number two guy this season because of Lee's knee injury. But next season it will be a different story. Ganz does have a solid grasp of the playbook but that only takes us so far. Our starter needs to have a certain skill set. With Ganz as our starter we might win the Big 12 north. Ganz is a good backup. He won't lose any games for us after Keller rolls up a nice lead. But Ganz doesn't have a very good arm. The offense will never be explosive with him at the helm. Hopefully Lee and Witt will both bring more tools to the table but it's too early to tell. A lot can happen between now and the beginning of our 2008 season. I would have perfered to have Lee as our number two guy this year. That way in 08 we have a somewhat experienced QB leading the team from the get go, and Witt would still have 4 years of eligibility. But Lee's knee injury changes things up a bit. I'm not counting him out. Certainly not with an NFL QB in his family. But at this point he has an up hill climb so a redshirt may be in his future.

That said, as long as Keller gets the offense down he is the starter, he has more tools than Ganz, and I see him as our guy this year. Of course this assumes no injuries, in which case all bets are off, though in the case of keller out hurt, Ganz is proble the go-to guy.

Lee isnt particing at full speed yet from his knee injury at the end of last season, and I dont see a true frosh ever being the man at QB here as long as Callahan is the coach. For the best intrests of the program, I hope Keller matches the hype, Ganz is a solid backup and Lee and Witt redshirt this year and battle next year to the guy of the futrue.

actually I belive Beau Davis has taken 2