huskerguy

Alex Gordon

I was getting nervous for him. He hit it, too. That was a nice one. Hopefully now he will continue to produce; he's had a tough first go at things. I am so happy to see him succeed. All the best, Alex.

Royals veteran left fielder Alex Gordon will likely not pick up his player option for 2016, which will result in free agency, per CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman, who indicated that the team cannot afford to pay what he is currently worth.

Gordon has been steady and productive at the plate and a premier defender. His market value might decrease if he continues to hit as he has recently, but that is highly unlikely given his track record. He is on a 5-for-29 slide without a multi-hit game since May 15.

Link

Give Jayson Werth a break. It's probably tough to live in Hannah's shadow.

AND A FREE AGENT!

Sorry to be a buzz kill. We're big Royals fans and have watched this team slowly evolve around Gordon. Cool stuff and I'm taking the day off to watch the parade.

500,000 expected on the 2.5 mile parade route. Interstates are parking lots. People are parking north of the river and walking the interstate bridge to get to down town. My son's office is on the parade route. 30 school districts are out, including mine. I'm going to do yard work.

Correction: 800,000 est attendance

AND A FREE AGENT!

Sorry to be a buzz kill. We're big Royals fans and have watched this team slowly evolve around Gordon. Cool stuff and I'm taking the day off to watch the parade.

He would look great in cubbie blue.

500,000 expected on the 2.5 mile parade route. Interstates are parking lots. People are parking north of the river and walking the interstate bridge to get to down town. My son's office is on the parade route. 30 school districts are out, including mine. I'm going to do yard work.

Correction: 800,000 est attendance

Dear god, that's about twice the population of Kansas City....

Wow. Thought he was a Royal lifer.

If he comes to the Rangers that would be great.

Cubs would be good since they're spending and adding guys.

Good for both sides. Gordon deserves his payday and some MLB team will over pay for his production. The top tier teams can afford to over pay on guys, but the Royals need to spend their cash right.

Awesome! I thought he was going to get one of those 6 year +100 million from a big market team.

I'm surprised he didn't get a big offer for 5-6 years, but maybe the market dried up a bit. I am very happy that he is back in Royal blue. He will be part of the Royals family forever and will probably end up in the Royals HOF.

It’s Gordo Nation night at Kauffman Stadium Thursday.

The Yankees are in town and, like all Thursday home games in 2017, fans can buy a $35 ticket in the left field seats and receive an Alex Gordon T-shirt and Alex Gordon big head.
It’s an ideal promotion when you have a beloved veteran player, an All-Star, Gold Glover and World Series hero, a man whose riches-to-rags-to-riches path is legendary in Kansas City.
It is not an ideal promotion when the richest man in franchise history is the worst hitter in baseball. That’s not hyperbole.
Alex Gordon, 30 percent of the way through a $72 million contract, has a .480 OPS, which ranks 183rd of 184 qualified players; teammate Alcides Escobar is last. Gordon's .203 slugging percentage is last in baseball by 40 points!

OWH