Looks to be some major tension amongst alumni football players

Yeah...what he said... :clap

Speedo?...Oh please no... :hmmph no man should ever, ever wear a Speedo, ever :hmmph ...Olympics or not, never, ever... :o:o

By the way....what ever happened to the Men's Daily Skins???... :hellloooo

Oh yeah I said forget it, forget all about it...It was only a dream......... ;);)

These girlfights you "Real Fans" are having are really getting old..You Need pictures and more Mud in the pit to make it enjoyable to watch at least.

I'm more concerned that the future recruits don't read this crap..And that they won't perceive that our "True Fans" and "The Program" will only care about them while they still have some eligibility left..After that, they are yesterday's news.

Didn't your Moms tell you when you were looking for that special man in your life, to pick the one that treats his Mother well?

The same principle applies to recruiting...And some of these Former players will eventually need to help their prodigies decide on which School to go to.

I'm a little new to this board..Do you anklebiters stir this stuff up during the Season, or is it just because there's nothing else to do this time of year?

We're Cornhuskers!

Lets try to keep convincing the rest of the World we are still the greatest Fans in the World.

I think if my mom told me this I would probably punch her in the face!!! j/k I know I know we don't need this right now.............I just couldn't resist! :lol:

When Pederson fired Solich it was old regime vs new regime, it was fan vs fan. Now it's former players vs current player. Why all the bickering? None of us can do anything about what happens in Lincoln. A change was needed and while I'm not a big Callahan supporter, it's really time to move on and see what happens. IMO I think it looks stupid to have former players in their mink coats standing on the sidelines anyway.

All I know is this...

We keep losing 4 and 5 games a season....

It will all change again. Okay doesn't fly long around here. (ask Frankie).

At OU, they have changed coaches and systems numberous times since the Wilkerson days. They have always welcomed former players back. You see em on the sidelines and they attend practices to lend a hand from time to time. Switzer was run out of town in Norman. Yet to this day he is still treated with respect and is used for guidance from time to time by the current program in a advisory role. The fans also got over it and welcolmed him back. That would never happen at NU. Solich was trashed and continues to be trashed by fans and press. Almost to the point that he would never be welcomed back for any NU event. That is totally wrong. Now I'm seeing ppl do the same to Tom Osborne who has never said or done anything to put the university in a bad light. People are acting like these men stole their girlfriend. Both only wanted what was best for dear ole Nebraska U.

Same at Texas. Anytime those two schools play someone big... you see a ton of players on the sidelines or at the game being treated like royalty. At the spring game only the guys that have played for BC were allowed on the sidelines. That had to tear at a guy like the Sandman's heart.

I find it disappointing to hear so many former players say they feel alienated by the current Athletic dept. Must be something to it or there wouldn't be so many former players having a problem with it. It wouldn't hurt NU to attempt to correct this. It could only help.

It is time for the current admn to open their eyes, mend the fences and remember how they got there in the first place. They didn't build the program nor can they claim they fixed it. Besides it wasn't broken anyway. Bob Devaney must be gagging somewhere in heaven. This is not his dream we are seeing right now (A huge division among the Red Nation).

Duh Switzer is welcomed back at OU he only led them

to a few national championships. Do you think they would

welcome back Howard S. or Gibbs. Hell no. Maybre OU's

past players are not as stuck up as ours.

This is the mentality I'm speaking of.

There are way more stuck up fans with thier noses to the sky than former players around here.

All I know is this...

At OU, they have changed coaches and systems numberous times since the Wilkerson days. They have always welcomed former players back. You see em on the sidelines and they attend practices to lend a hand from time to time. Switzer was run out of town in Norman. Yet to this day he is still treated with respect and is used for guidance from time to time by the current program in a advisory role. The fans also got over it and welcolmed him back. That would never happen at NU. Solich was trashed and continues to be trashed by fans and press. Almost to the point that he would never be welcomed back for any NU event. That is totally wrong. Now I'm seeing ppl do the same to Tom Osborne who has never said or done anything to put the university in a bad light. People are acting like these men stole their girlfriend. Both only wanted what was best for dear ole Nebraska U.

Same at Texas. Anytime those two schools play someone big... you see a ton of players on the sidelines or at the game being treated like royalty. At the spring game only the guys that have played for BC were allowed on the sidelines. That had to tear at a guy like the Sandman's heart.

I find it disappointing to hear so many former players say they feel alienated by the current Athletic dept. Must be something to it or there wouldn't be so many former players having a problem with it. It wouldn't hurt NU to attempt to correct this. It could only help.

It is time for the current admn to open their eyes, mend the fences and remember how they got there in the first place. They didn't build the program nor can they claim they fixed it. Besides it wasn't broken anyway. Bob Devaney must be gagging somewhere in heaven. This is not his dream we are seeing right now (A huge division among the Red Nation).

I quite agreed. Problem is there are too many kids (like diehard) who were not even born when a lot of us went to NU and grew up knowing and understanding how this tradtion began. Only an idoit burns bridges and insults players from the past! Carrying on a special tradtion keeps the new guys coming into programs that honor past players and i mean honor and welcomes them back to that which they helped build and make a prestigious place to come play. A lot of punk kids don't understand this, they have no clue how we got to be an enviable program, they only prefer to degrade themselves through use of profanity and ignorant rants, only dragging the fanbase and program down to a trashed out level. These guys are NOT fans.

I can understand how some people want to try and forget about the past as in not live in the past and move on with what is NU football now. I really don't agree with us treating former players badly if that is indeed what is going on. We should always welcome our past football players back with open arms and treat them as family because they are part of Husker Nation. I know that some people constantly want us to go back to what was NU football and that just isn't going to happen unfortunately.

These girlfights you "Real Fans" are having are really getting old..You Need pictures and more Mud in the pit to make it enjoyable to watch at least.

I'm more concerned that the future recruits don't read this crap..And that they won't perceive that our "True Fans" and "The Program" will only care about them while they still have some eligibility left..After that, they are yesterday's news.

Didn't your Moms tell you when you were looking for that special man in your life, to pick the one that treats his Mother well?

The same principle applies to recruiting...And some of these Former players will eventually need to help their prodigies decide on which School to go to.

I'm a little new to this board..Do you anklebiters stir this stuff up during the Season, or is it just because there's nothing else to do this time of year?

We're Cornhuskers!

Lets try to keep convincing the rest of the World we are still the greatest Fans in the World.

All I know is this...

Here are two people that understand the situation and have it correctly assessed. Husker Football Alumni have been and always will be the back bone to this program. It takes those notables to keep the flow of top notch recruits coming in. We don't have the luxury of beaches and warm weather year round to entice the nations best to come here, so it takes every option we can use. Having a past superstar or TO on the sidelines speaking favorably about the program and NU goes a long way in encouraging parents of a 5 star in Texas to consider Nebraska. It takes those recognizable faces of that tradition to keep 'em coming. Without them on the sidelines, we don't have that immediate picture of our tradition for the rest of America to see. I'd hate to think that our current staffs unwillingness to embrace the past could cost us future recruits. If the same demeanor continues, it could very well be that the coaching staff that follows Callahan will most suredly have a deeper hole to drag our program out of.

Btw, people who throw around the F-Bomb all the time usually do so because of a lack of integrity. They feel obsessed to do it because of their frustration within their lacking ability to convince people with what they believe.

I can understand how some people want to try and forget about the past as in not live in the past and move on with what is NU football now. I really don't agree with us treating former players badly if that is indeed what is going on. We should always welcome our past football players back with open arms and treat them as family because they are part of Husker Nation. I know that some people constantly want us to go back to what was NU football and that just isn't going to happen unfortunately.

i don't expect to live in the past, but i do expect the current coaches and adminstration to embrace the tradtions and solidify the contributitions of past players/coaches that helped start and make the tradition/program the huge success as it is now known. this is just an extention of successful recruiting, you show that you care and retain the favoritism of the past alumni and players, as they are the mouth-piece and promoters of continued successful recruiting, period. to ignore them, exclude them and not make them feel really welcome, is to negate their future influence and support of the program.

example, ever watch a USC or Ohio State game and see the former greats on the sidelines? you think that doesn't have a huge effect on future recruiting? this is another example of a huge asset, possibly being squandered by a guy who is used to getting players through the draft or free agency at the pro level. on the college level all you have is your school's reputation and history of success. when you have a great tradition like ours, you should be smart enough to take advantage of it constantly and showcase the past greats as well as recruiting the next ones. being "exclusive" does nothing for your program. i think Ped especially needs to re think the way he "projects" our program as we seldom see any of our past big names on the sidelines or promoting the school. i just don't see this changing and i am saddened by the perception that is being projected by the current administration.