Grade Your Team's Draft

I am a Viking fan. But, I have been so frustrated with their drafts and personnel decisions over the last five years that I have thought about abandoning ship and finding a different team. However, for once, I thought the ViQueens drafted well....not great....but solid nevertheless. Most of the needs that they had going into the draft were those to jump start an inept offense. So, I was happy that they picked up Adrian Peterson. If they had selected Quinn, I would have thrown the towel. Peterson is exactly what the offense needs - a big time play maker. Chester Taylor may have rushed for over a thousand yards last year, but he was just an average back. He yards per carry was not impressive. I know that Peterson has been prone to injuries, but his value was too high for the ViQueens to pass up. He'll run behind one of the better OL in the league. I also like their second pick - Simeon Rice from South Carolina. He is a big target (6' 4") and has an outstanding vertical leap. He may not be a blazer .........but neither was another Rice that did well in the NFL. Aundrae Allison was another good WR pickup for the fifth round. He runs a 4.39 40, so he can help stretch the field. I'm not hot about DE Brian Robinson. He seems to be light for the NFL. But, he is a need pick and possibilty could bulk up. LB Rufus Alexander is also undersized but, who knows, he came from a good program and probably has been coached well. QB Thigpen is a D1-AA player. Probably will not see the field. He's a 7th rounder. In those rounds, teams just take chances....hoping to find a diamond in the rough. So, I'm happy to say that I can give the ViQueens a solid "B" for a grade. How about your team?

I'm a Chiefs fan. Extremely disappointed in the draft. They desperately need to address the O-Line and only drafted one OT in the SIXTH round. I mid sized Tackle from TCU? Bowe might be a good one at WR and they certainly need another WR besides the aging Kennison. The Chiefs recent history of drafting Defensive Tackles has been sketchy so I'm reserving judgement on McBride and Tyler. They do have marketing appeal as the Turk-Tank combo. Kolby Smith might be a steal at RB and will be a good backup to LJ and Bennett. Medlock is supposed to be an upgrade to Tynes at kicker but I'm not a fan of drafting a kicker whether it be 5th round or 7th round. I almost blew a gasket when they drafted a freaking PUNTER in the freaking THIRD round two years ago!!! Taking a Division III TE almost makes the 7th round a throw away pick because Gonzalez signed his extension. Not sure the logic there.

Grade:D+

I am alos a vikings fan. I give them a C, I don't why we picked 3 wide recievers. I was hoping when we moved up in the fourth round we would take Moore but no we took Robinson. Instead of thigpen I think we should have taken Moore from Oregon St. I really like Rufus, Pederson and Rice picks though

although all of the experts are giving them A+ and the best out of all the teams

The Rams did okay although they didn't get as much help on defense as they are going to need. The rams would be a lot better if their defense would step up. I see Carriker starting right away and hopefully the defense can step up to where the offense is and get us in the playoffs next year. I'm getting an authentic Carriker jersey as soon as I can. Final grade B- only because of Carriker.

My lions did the right thing taking CJ but I would have liked to see them get some more value out of their second round picks. Drew Stanton?? I hope he turns out well but I am not sold yet. I also would have liked to get daymeion hughes the CB out of Cal in the 3rd round or Rufus Alexander. We drafted on potential not ability. C+. I am tired of wasted potential.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rams did okay although they didn't get as much help on defense as they are going to need. The rams would be a lot better if their defense would step up. I see Carriker starting right away and hopefully the defense can step up to where the offense is and get us in the playoffs next year. I'm getting an authentic Carriker jersey as soon as I can. Final grade B- only because of Carriker.

I'll be looking for a Carriker jersey too. Let me know if you find them.

Checkout fansedge.com they have them in already!!!! :bonez

Checkout fansedge.com they have them in already!!!! :bonez

Cool, thanks man.

As a Viking fan I thought they did alright on helping the offense. I thought the defense needed help at db's. We didn't do much to help out that problem. With the NFL Sunday Package I get to see them every week. It wasen't much fun last year, as they were picked to make the playoffs. This year at least I know we might or might not make it, so it shouldn't be as big a bummer as last year when we lose. Keep the faith, I've been doing it since they beat Da Bears their first game in the NFL. Grade: B+

GBR!!!

• 3 weeks later...

As a 49ers fan, I will give the a A-. The Willis pick was a no brainer as they needed a middle linebacker and got the best one in the draft. Staley should start at either tackle position and hopefully be the LT for the next 10 years. They needed help along the defensive front and was pretty happy with them taking McDonald and Cohen from Florida. The Moore pick should provide them with a good pash rusher. The steal of the draft for the 49ers was probally trading a fourth rounder (they had four) to a division rival (Seattle) for Darrell Jackson. I was hoping they got a backup running back to spell Gore every now and then and was dissappointed with the selection of Clayton from K-State. Overall an A-

• 5 weeks later...

Redskins: We spent the #6 overall pick on LSU safety LaRon Landry—to replace Adam Archuleta who we had for one year as the highest paid safety in the history of the NFL (really). Then no 2007 draft picks until the fifth round. The consensus is a “D” performance for the 2007 draft.

I give the Redskins owner The Danny Snyder a grade of F- for meddling and squandering all our mid-round draft picks to get us into this situation. The Dan should quit annoying Redskins fans by meddling in football, and instead stick to his telemarketing empire where he made hundreds of millions by annoying everybody else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...