Big 12 football to ESPN

i am glad the games are switching too. however i did like the fact that the games were played at nite when not a lot of other shiz were going on. and for some reason, it seemed the announcers did favor N a little bit, or am i wrong? but primetime, HD is what i'm sizzlin!

i am glad the games are switching too. however i did like the fact that the games were played at nite when not a lot of other shiz were going on. and for some reason, it seemed the announcers did favor N a little bit, or am i wrong? but primetime, HD is what i'm sizzlin!

Yeah, FSN announcers did always seem to favor Nebraska. Sure would rather listen to them than Brent Musburger!!!

It would be nice if more Big XII games could be on ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.....whatever....FSN blows!!! Top to bottom, the commentators, the quality of the video feeds, hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

I never had a huge issue with the commentators, but yeah that picture quality is horrible. Gotta love the HD, but if ESPN offers Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Mark May or some woman (like on ESPN2) to be the commentator for a Husker game I'm muting the damn TV cause I'd rather listen to Squirrel Head.

:bonez:clap:corndance:hellloooo:woo:nanalama

Have I made my thoughts clear?

:blink: Man... I dont know what the f*** you just said... but you touched me... you're special.

Oh yes... and I agree. The FSN commentators make Lou Holtz look like Albert Einstein.

or like someone that doesn't have to have their cohost wear rain jackets because of all that shhhhhaliva

We are luckly that we don't get a FOX deal, then all we would watch would be grixby jumping on the team huddle, and them showing everyone's calfs. I hated the cotton bowl broadcast. But if the Big 12 could get its own deal with fox I say go for it

Ugh, the Cotton Bowl broadcast was one of the worst I've ever seen. Summerall, even with as much respect I've got for the man, was flat-out terrible.

We are luckly that we don't get a FOX deal, then all we would watch would be grixby jumping on the team huddle, and them showing everyone's calfs. I hated the cotton bowl broadcast. But if the Big 12 could get its own deal with fox I say go for it

Ugh, the Cotton Bowl broadcast was one of the worst I've ever seen. Summerall, even with as much respect I've got for the man, was flat-out terrible.

I wouldn't say that. I think Summerall does a good job for someone that died 8 years ago. :sarcasm

I wouldn't say that. I think Summerall does a good job for someone that died 8 years ago. :sarcasm

:rollin

It would be nice if more Big XII games could be on ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.....whatever....FSN blows!!! Top to bottom, the commentators, the quality of the video feeds, hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

I never had a huge issue with the commentators, but yeah that picture quality is horrible. Gotta love the HD, but if ESPN offers Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Mark May or some woman (like on ESPN2) to be the commentator for a Husker game I'm muting the damn TV cause I'd rather listen to Squirrel Head.

Who did the Alamo Bowl Broadcast a few years ago. From what I remember I dont think those broadcasters did that bad of a job, but I cant remember who they were. Was Herbstreit one of them?

Who did the Alamo Bowl Broadcast a few years ago. From what I remember I dont think those broadcasters did that bad of a job, but I cant remember who they were. Was Herbstreit one of them?

Yes he was one and Mike Trico was the other one.

Yes he was one and Mike Trico was the other one.

Yeah...I didnt think Tirico did a bad job.

The Alamo Bowl broadcast was one of the best I have seen and heard in past years...tirico always does a nice job, and Herbstreit did fine too, albeit sounding like he was trying to hard to know what he was talking about. He even said nice things about how he was happy for Bill and telling Nebraska fans to be patient because the future holds bright things, or something to that effect. Plus, I can never forget his gasp on the end play when the michigan player got hit out, "OH MY GOSH!!". haw haw

The Cotton Bowl, on the other hand, was the worst broadcast for a bowl game I have ever seen, entirely because of the commentary. I can honestly only remember 4 or 5 plays from that game, not counting the 4th and 11, hail mary passes at the end and the botched punt reverse. Pat Summerall may do a decent job on paper, but he is SO BORING! His monotone death rattle, coupled with an 11am gametime when I had been up late the night before, made that bowl game one to forget, especially because of the lackluster "lasting impression" from the 2nd half.

The Alamo Bowl broadcast was one of the best I have seen and heard in past years...tirico always does a nice job, and Herbstreit did fine too, albeit sounding like he was trying to hard to know what he was talking about. He even said nice things about how he was happy for Bill and telling Nebraska fans to be patient because the future holds bright things, or something to that effect. Plus, I can never forget his gasp on the end play when the michigan player got hit out, "OH MY GOSH!!". haw haw

The Cotton Bowl, on the other hand, was the worst broadcast for a bowl game I have ever seen, entirely because of the commentary. I can honestly only remember 4 or 5 plays from that game, not counting the 4th and 11, hail mary passes at the end and the botched punt reverse. Pat Summerall may do a decent job on paper, but he is SO BORING! His monotone death rattle, coupled with an 11am gametime when I had been up late the night before, made that bowl game one to forget, especially because of the lackluster "lasting impression" from the 2nd half.

Summerall is "better than luck". :sarcasm