at Kansas - Loss

Kansas State - Win

Colorado - Loss

CCG - Win

Bowl game - Win

Regular season record = 8-4

Post season record = 10-4

Final ranking = 13

with 3 confrence losses there is no way NU goes to the CCG, and with 4 losses no way NU is ranked 13 at the end of the season.

aTm at home dont think we loose, sCUm sucks, gayhawks are questionable

Nevada - Win

at Wake Forest - Win

USC - Loss

Ball State - Win

Iowa State - Win

at Mizzou - Win

Okie state - Win

Texas a&m - Loss

at Texas - Win

at Kansas - Loss

Kansas State - Win

Colorado - Loss

CCG - Win

Bowl game - Win

Regular season record = 8-4

Post season record = 10-4

Final ranking = 13

with 3 confrence losses there is no way NU goes to the CCG, and with 4 losses no way NU is ranked 13 at the end of the season.

aTm at home dont think we loose, sCUm sucks, gayhawks are questionable

I don't think we'll be losing to sCUm at their house either. I say we go 12-2 with a loss to either Texas or USC and a surprise loss in there somewhere. <_<

Most of you do realize we will be an underdog at Wake Forest.

They did not lose as much as some think. It will be a very tough game, and is just before SC. Either we concnetrate on them and see what happens at SC or we somewhat overlook them and concentrate on SC. If we do the latter, there is a certain loss looming in Salem.

I think we may squeak by SC if the crowd stays in the game. We will need it more for this game than most we have played. It needs to be louder than Texas last year!!!

Right now my guess is we lose in Austin. They will be ready for us there.

And that is the only real loss I see coming. The others are winable and we should end up around

12-2, ranked just out side the top 5.

I think we get over the hump and beat either USC or Texas. Mizzou still scares the hell out of me. We will definitely be tested against A&M, KU, WF, and OSU. I think if we lose to Texas, we win the Big 12 Championship game, and if we beat them in the regular season, we will possibly lose the CCG game. I don't think 12-2 or 11-3 is out of the question.

The way we played at OSU last year, I'd say we can pretty much lose any game on the schedule. I do appreciate the VERY optimistic thoughts in this thread though.....it helps me sleep better at night.

Good read, that is true with all the teams , look at sc against the Beavers last year, OU against texass when we turned the ball over 5 times in the second half, and you guys against the lOSUrs in stoolwater last year.

From my standpoint of observation Sam Keller with be so important for you guys this year. Will he step up, will injuries play a role? Who knows?

But I'll tell you one thing, I watched the Miami-Nevada game last year and Miami should have lost. The "wolf-pack loves to sling the pigskin all day long. To me, those games are cause for concern. Like Boise State last year.

gOU Big Red

Very true, Ball state should have beaten Michigan last year also.

One thing that most forget is that the starters on pretty much every team except for the very elite are very close in talent. It is depth that makes the difference. I would call us a tweener. We are not Ball State nor Nevada by any means. But we are between the A&M's, Missouri, UCLA's. But not at the level of talent of the top programs, depth wise. That is what hurts our chances of winning some games that some demand to win.

We may surprise alot of people this year. It is quite possible, but to demand wins over top elite programs is looking for disaster. Inch by inch BC is getting us back. One game at a time, one year at a time. As long as progress is made I am happy.

Most of you do realize we will be an underdog at Wake Forest.

Is it too early for there to be a line on that game?

We could easily be underdogs in several games this year:

at Wake Forest

USC

at Missouri (depends, but on the road we are probably getting points)

TAMU

at Texas

at Kansas (again depends on the year so far, but road game against a team we almost lost to last year)

CCG

Bowl

These of course all depend on how the year goes for us and our opponents (if we are 9-0, I imagine we will be favored at Kansas), but it seems reasonable for us to be an underdog in more than 5 games meaning we will need to pull off a few upsets to improve on last years record.

i tend to think the a&m's and OSU's are tough. they KNOW they won't beat texas and OU, but to get us, especially at home, would be huge for them. however, i just think we won't overlook anyone. i see a cointoss between texas and USC. and unless we implode in the postseason, one or both of those games will be a loss. so i think 11-3, maybe with some stellar defense 12-2. (which i think would be fantastic BTW)

If Cally grows some stones this year it could be a good one.

I think Keller could give him enough "stones" to make it a good year. As good as a QB as Taylor was, I think Keller has that killer instinct that makes him more of a playmaker. I think he is a little more gifted in the throwing arm department, or a lot more gifted than Taylor and will be able to make more big plays.

Alright dont get me wrong i am a HUGE fan of ZT.. but i think keller will play a ton better and will not make a mistake like throwing a pick under pressure against texas - leading them to score on the next play..

I dont think Keller will get owned by the OU D.

ZT is a great person, and a good QB i am VERY glad he played for us, but i think Keller is better then him.