SIGNED: LB Will Compton

2. Coach Pelini asked Pete Carroll call Compton on his behalf and he did! I don't thnk I've ever heard anything like that before.

wow. that's... wow.

i knew pelini and carroll were tight, but to have an active coach from *another* program recruit the huskers is absolutely wild.

i guess carroll wants the huskers up to speed quickly so he can have a shot at his protégé in a bowl.

That just goes to show you that Bo obviously has the respect of alot of coaches. I've never heard of another coach doing this anywhere?!

Pelini is a protigee of Caroll. Worked for him at San Fran and New England and Caroll was responsible for recommending Pelini to Solich back in 2002. He has nothing but positives to say about him.

i don't see how. PC is free to contact recruits.

Most people wouldn't recommend talking up another program, but i don't think it's illegal (and PC isn't hurting for players anyway).

no doubt. even their water boys are three deep and have 5 star ratings.

i don't see how. PC is free to contact recruits.

Most people wouldn't recommend talking up another program, but i don't think it's illegal (and PC isn't hurting for players anyway).

no doubt. even their water boys are three deep and have 5 star ratings.

I just want to hear the NWA song every time Will makes a tackle "straight outta Compton"

Scott

Linky here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=An...e&type=lgns

I like how Compton says he has the goal to start next year and not redshirt. Time will tell but I like the attitude of players coming in wanting to play and I truly believe Bo is going to play the best guys. I noticed the Pete Carroll talk from above...that's the way it works at USC, you earn your playing time and compete for your position week in and week out. We need to foster this attitude here as it took a hit under BC's leadership. There is no other way under which the Blackshirts can be brought back!

Linky here:

I like how Compton says he has the goal to start next year and not redshirt. Time will tell but I like the attitude of players coming in wanting to play and I truly believe Bo is going to play the best guys. I noticed the Pete Carroll talk from above...that's the way it works at USC, you earn your playing time and compete for your position week in and week out. We need to foster this attitude here as it took a hit under BC's leadership. There is no other way under which the Blackshirts can be brought back!

Jesus... you scared me a little when I seen this thread at the top. I thought it could only be bad news!

I really love his attitude, too. I hope he will be a great one the next four years.

"The Blackshirts are coming back!" :bonez

Linky here:

Have you really looked at our LB corps next year? I would put the odds at better than 50/50 that Compton will get quite a few snaps next year as a true freshman. Our LB depth are almost as paper thin as our defensive line is.

Linky here:

Have you really looked at our LB corps next year? I would put the odds at better than 50/50 that Compton will get quite a few snaps next year as a true freshman. Our LB depth are almost as paper thin as our defensive line is.

I'm not exactly sure how this will all work, but I imagine we'll be shifting Culbert to D permanently, and I've heard talk that Asante may come up and play LB. A few other RBs might make the transition, seeing how many we have. Hopefully the guys who have playing time can fill in the positions without any problems. They'll have a lot of time to be coached for it, anyhow, with Eckler and Pelini between now and September.

Linky here:

it doesn't appear Chamrock is doubting Compton will play. It looks to me like he likes the notion of Compton stepping up and playing next year .... I wholeheartedly agree he should and will play a lot next year... hell why not after all the hype !

Linky here:

I'm not exactly sure how this will all work, but I imagine we'll be shifting Culbert to D permanently, and I've heard talk that Asante may come up and play LB. A few other RBs might make the transition, seeing how many we have. Hopefully the guys who have playing time can fill in the positions without any problems. They'll have a lot of time to be coached for it, anyhow, with Eckler and Pelini between now and September.

While Asante would be better suited to play LB, especially in Pelini's scheme, by taking him away from SS we would be leaving a hole there as well. We would be having Thenarse and someone completely inexperienced back there. It would be addition by subtraction.

But none of that would affect Compton anyways, as he will be playing MIKE while Culbert and Asante would play OLB by what you are proposing. The only person who would hold Will back from getting PT is Blake Lawrence. But Blake is so much better suited to play on the outside, rather than eating up blocks consistently on the inside.

Linky here:

While Asante would be better suited to play LB, especially in Pelini's scheme, by taking him away from SS we would be leaving a hole there as well. We would be having Thenarse and someone completely inexperienced back there. It would be addition by subtraction.

But none of that would affect Compton anyways, as he will be playing MIKE while Culbert and Asante would play OLB by what you are proposing. The only person who would hold Will back from getting PT is Blake Lawrence. But Blake is so much better suited to play on the outside, rather than eating up blocks consistently on the inside.

If he's playing mike then I dont see him getting much playing time. Imo our current is one of, if not our best defensive player. of course the could move dillard outside

Linky here:

If he's playing mike then I dont see him getting much playing time. Imo our current is one of, if not our best defensive player. of course the could move dillard outside

it doesn't appear Chamrock is doubting Compton will play. It looks to me like he likes the notion of Compton stepping up and playing next year .... I wholeheartedly agree he should and will play a lot next year... hell why not after all the hype !

Bingo! I just want the best players to play...don't care if they are a freshman or senior, etc. If Compton is good enough then let's play him! Anyone know how Austin Stafford is progressing? Does he project to see snaps this upcoming year or is he too deep on depth chart?