SIGNED: LB Will Compton

It sounds like Osborne, Pelini and co. did a heck of a job selling the school/program to Will's parents.

Compton is definitely a good athlete. Congratulations and good luck (except when it comes to playing us).

Hopefully this is the last recruit you guys get out of Missouri for awhile, ha.

you should see the tigerboard reaction... hilarious

YEAHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!! Whats the link to Mizzou page? I want to see all of them cryin haha

Just hit the 'back' button once or twice and go to the Gabbert thread.... same thing, different people.

while its not near as bad, you do have a point

In the Lincoln Journal Star:

Compton update: Staying with Nebraska

01/23/08

11:17:03 am, Categories: -Football by Brian Christopherson

Compton update: Staying with Nebraska

Will Compton is sticking with Nebraska after considering late pushes by Illinois and Missouri to get the linebacker from Bonne Terre, Mo., into their recruiting classes.

Compton's decision Wednesday keeps Nebraska at 19 commitments in its 2008 class. (However, it's possible that number might shrink one. Rumblings are that defensive tackle Eddie Brown got a scholarship offer from Buddy Wyatt at Texas A&M. Brown's always been a big A&M fan, so we'll see how that goes.)

As for Compton, the 6-foot-2, 215-pound high school senior said he's just relieved to have the whole thing over.

"At times, I thought it was just between Missouri and Illinois, and at times it was just Illinois and Nebraska, and other times it was just Nebraska and Missouri," Compton said. "Nothing against any of those schools. They're all on the rise, with great coaches who are going to do great things, but the opportunity to play for Coach Pelini was just something I couldn't pass up."

What was it about Pelini that Compton so liked?

"His staff is phenomenal and his resume speaks for itself. He's walked the walk every year. He never puts a defense on the field that's not ranked in the top 10... He's down-to earth, it's like a friend sitting there talking to you. But he got down to business when he needed to."

It probably didn't hurt that all the Nebraska defensive assistant coaches went to Missouri on Sunday to talk with Compton.

Compton originally committed to Bill Callahan in July. But then there was the tough season and the coaching change and a lot of people around him trying to get him to go to Missouri.

"There was tons of in-state pressure," Compton said. "People would put pressure on me to go to Missouri, saying, 'Jump on the bandwagon while you can.' But you got to look past that stuff, and think three or four years down the road what it's going to be like with Coach Pelini, not just what it's going to be like your freshman year."

link

Another Tiger fan who wants to wish Big Red Nation a congrats on landing Compton.

This is a nice addition for the Blackshirts. Congrats and good luck to Mr. Compton.

Make the most of your stay in Lincoln, graduate and play great football in front of great fans.

Good luck.

Another Tiger fan who wants to wish Big Red Nation a congrats on landing Compton.

This is a nice addition for the Blackshirts. Congrats and good luck to Mr. Compton.

Make the most of your stay in Lincoln, graduate and play great football in front of great fans.

Good luck.

Expected nothing less from Tiger fans. Pretty damn classy peeps. About 6-7 years ago I attended the NU-MU game in Lincoln, we sat in the MU fan section in Lincoln. Without a doubt the best time I ever had at an NU game.

Good luck.

Now see this is the way it's supposed to be. The Tiger fans that we have for the most part on this board are classy people. I'm definately going to enjoy this rivalry for the next few years Tyger. :thumbs

Good luck.

good luck to you guys too tyger.... not that you will need it. you guys are pretty stacked. you should be thrilled with were you program