SIGNED: LB Will Compton

How come?

BigWillie - you always have good insight and information, and you are definitely much more well-informed and familiar with the recruiting process in general, but sometimes you post very cryptic, mysterious messages ;) I hope it's great news as well, but I can't really read into it one way or another.

^

The delay was great news for us.

Well Willie that does make me feel somewhat better! I guess I just take things at face value when it comes to 18 year old kids making these kinds of decisions. I can't say that I blame them though. What a hell of a roller coaster ride this recruiting season has been and it aint over yet! :thumbs

When's the last time we all paid this much attention to an 18 year old whom we weren't trying to sleep with? (And who wasn't a girl.)

:)

I think that the poor defense has made us all pretty obsessive about getting talent and depth there immediately. It just makes this guys commit that much bigger because he is legit.

How come?

BigWillie - you always have good insight and information, and you are definitely much more well-informed and familiar with the recruiting process in general, but sometimes you post very cryptic, mysterious messages ;) I hope it's great news as well, but I can't really read into it one way or another.

I'm not saying he is headed to Nebraska, but if he had announced today the news would have been bad for us. I know people will think what difference can a day make, but you'd be surprised. Case in point, Reggie Smith.

When's the last time we all paid this much attention to an 18 year old whom we weren't trying to sleep with? (And who wasn't a girl.)

:)

I think that the poor defense has made us all pretty obsessive about getting talent and depth there immediately. It just makes this guys commit that much bigger because he is legit.

I have to agree. I think this kid is going to make a name for himself no matter where he goes. Nebraska is the perfect place to make a name for yourself Will!!!! :thumbs

I talked to Cody Compton and he told me he has no clue where Will will choose but that they both kind of want to go to the same school, and he told me that he really likes the Nebraska wrestling coach, and he said to just wait and find out. He's a pretty nice guy and i hope to get them both to come to UNL