SIGNED: LB Will Compton

odds of him recommitting?
I would say its 50%. Between us and Missouri. The deal maker will be the in home visit this weekend.

may take Osborne and Pelini to get him on board.

I think at this point we (Nebraska) have done all we can. It's up to Will and his family to determine what is best for him. Where ever he goes I wish him luck. Just as long as he is not playing against us! :laughpound

This may just be the Mizzou homer in me, but I think that Will commits to Mizzou on tuesday because he has actually set a decision date. He's still committed to nu, so why come out on tuesday and announce "YEP! STILL COMMITTED!"

why did okafor do it then? just using the same line of thought, because he was a previous commitment who had wavered, and then last week came out and said, yes i'm going to stay at nebraska. it could be the fact that he feels he needs to commit to this coaching staff, or your right he could commit to mizzo, or he could commit to the illini. i just feel that nebraska has the greatest chance of him getting early playing time. and as such that might influence him

Hate to be a downer here, but I have a gut feeling that he is Mizzou bound.....the difference between Okafor and Compton is location......kids like "positive" attention..... plain and simple....Okafor knew that by making a "big" deal out of solidifying his commitment at a presser, then friends, family,and media would all be there and they would all be HAPPY....CLAP-CLAP.......

I have a feeling that if Compton has a presser, then this is BAD for NU.....he wouldn't want to subject himself publicly to the displeasure of media and possible fans by picking NU..... if it is a presser, then he is doing it for POSITIVE feedback.....if he chooses to just "let the coaches know by phone", then I like NU's chances......then nothing really changes from his original commit.

Hate to be a downer here, but I have a gut feeling that he is Mizzou bound.....the difference between Okafor and Compton is location......kids like "positive" attention..... plain and simple....Okafor knew that by making a "big" deal out of solidifying his commitment at a presser, then friends, family,and media would all be there and they would all be HAPPY....CLAP-CLAP.......

I have a feeling that if Compton has a presser, then this is BAD for NU.....he wouldn't want to subject himself publicly to the displeasure of media and possible fans by picking NU..... if it is a presser, then he is doing it for POSITIVE feedback.....if he chooses to just "let the coaches know by phone", then I like NU's chances......then nothing really changes from his original commit.

i really cant get a feel for what Will is going to do just yet.

the reason Okafor had the presser was because he was tired of interviews and felt that some of the statements that he made before were taken out of context, so he decided to have a press confrence to tell every reporter all at one time instead of talking to 10 different people about the same thing.

I think the fact that Bo took Comptons mom to church and that they are both Catholic, leads me to think that NU has a really good chance of keeping him

I didn't think Will hade made an official presser yet, just that he was going to make a decision.

His brother is the key. Wherever he decided he wants to go wrestle is where Compton is going. Family ties and all that.

Well if that is in fact the deciding factor than he should be considered "N". The Huskers Wrestling team is really on the up beating 3 top 10 teams this year and also upsetting #1 Penn State. The Huskers also were runners up at the National Duals to the Hawkeyes. The Huskers are currently ranked # 3 in the nation. I also heard coach Manning is one hell of a recruiter!