SIGNED: LB Will Compton

It would be great if we can get Will to commit to us. I think it would show alot for this coaching staff to start pulling these players back in after all of this. :thumbs

the fact that they've gotten these kids ear is enough for me.

I'm encouraged to see what this staff could do with an entire year to build relationships, rather than having to come in with a month to go and try to beat out someone who the kids have been speaking with for 10 months.

The early indication is this staff could be strong recruiters. Probably will not in the future years get as many high profile guys as B.C.'s staff did, but who cares if the recruits are great prospects under the radar screen. I think being a great recruiter doesn't just mean getting so-called four- or five-star players, but also being able to identify hidden talent. I think finding hidden talent may not be as hard of a sell, but certainly much harder to find. So one shouldn't rate a coach's recruiting ablility just on getting four- and five-star players.

The early indication is this staff could be strong recruiters. Probably will not in the future years get as many high profile guys as B.C.'s staff did, but who cares if the recruits are great prospects under the radar screen. I think being a great recruiter doesn't just mean getting so-called four- or five-star players, but also being able to identify hidden talent. I think finding hidden talent may not be as hard of a sell, but certainly much harder to find. So one shouldn't rate a coach's recruiting ablility just on getting four- and five-star players.

I agree with you. However, it seemed that once Callahan would offer a kid that was under the radar, he immediately had a ton of interest and his ratings went up. Will Henry is one that comes to mind. He went from having mild interest from UTEP and a 1 star rating to having a fistfull of offers and a 3 star rating. I am not sure if the rating was inflated by the fact that his film was either evaluated or reevaluated, or because Nebraska and other schools were offering scholarships.

I agree with you. However, it seemed that once Callahan would offer a kid that was under the radar, he immediately had a ton of interest and his ratings went up. Will Henry is one that comes to mind. He went from having mild interest from UTEP and a 1 star rating to having a fistfull of offers and a 3 star rating. I am not sure if the rating was inflated by the fact that his film was either evaluated or reevaluated, or because Nebraska and other schools were offering scholarships.

Sounds like Zach Domicone. No offers to a whirlwind of offers.

Nebraska is still a big name, so that could at least be part of it.

Getting back to Compton, I hope if he does come back, that could send a chain reaction of other decommitments coming back, like Rippy. But we need to get Compton to recommit first. But whatever happens, I think this will end up a decent recruiting class.