SIGNED: LB Will Compton

do not expect Compton to commit to Nebraska :wasted

I never did because no one keeps their word anymore. Signing day just needs to get here.

I think it's less about keeping their word and more about committing and then the university fires the coach you committed to play for. Nebraska changed the ground rules. Not too many kids de-commit when the coaching staff remains stable.

And these de-commits start to have a snowball effect.... Compton was pals with Gabbert and Jonas Gray, and they left. I expect Compton to stay at home in Missouri. If not, Champaign/Urbana isn't too far from his home.

(Mizzou also got a committment today from Wes Kemp - WR from St. Louis who had previously committed to Wisconsin and a teammate, Munir Prince - RB/CB who's transferring from Notre Dame to Mizzou and will play the 2009 season. Good day for Mizzou football.)

Here's my problem with Gabbert. He commits to us and then calls all of these recruits and gets them interested in NU right. Then he goes and decommits from NU after all these other guys have commited and then proceeds to call them and try and lure them away from NU. That ruined his rep with me.

I really do not understand this... you're ok if he recruits for you, but it ruins his character if he does it for someone else? Dude just wants other good players around him.

You don't understand?? He recruits people to go to a school then when he wants to leave cause HE is unhappy, then he wants to get everyone to follow.

I never did because no one keeps their word anymore. Signing day just needs to get here.

I think it's less about keeping their word and more about committing and then the university fires the coach you committed to play for. Nebraska changed the ground rules. Not too many kids de-commit when the coaching staff remains stable.

And these de-commits start to have a snowball effect.... Compton was pals with Gabbert and Jonas Gray, and they left. I expect Compton to stay at home in Missouri. If not, Champaign/Urbana isn't too far from his home.

(Mizzou also got a committment today from Wes Kemp - WR from St. Louis who had previously committed to Wisconsin and a teammate, Munir Prince - RB/CB who's transferring from Notre Dame to Mizzou and will play the 2009 season. Good day for Mizzou football.)

Here's my problem with Gabbert. He commits to us and then calls all of these recruits and gets them interested in NU right. Then he goes and decommits from NU after all these other guys have commited and then proceeds to call them and try and lure them away from NU. That ruined his rep with me.

I really do not understand this... you're ok if he recruits for you, but it ruins his character if he does it for someone else? Dude just wants other good players around him.

You don't understand?? He recruits people to go to a school then when he wants to leave cause HE is unhappy, then he wants to get everyone to follow.

I'm really not sure why you think you can have it both ways. Please explain further... When gabbert committed to NU I thought to myself "i hope he doesn't convince any of our guys" not "how dare he!!!"

I'm really not sure why you think you can have it both ways. Please explain further... When gabbert committed to NU I thought to myself "i hope he doesn't convince any of our guys" not "how dare he!!!"

Did he commit to MU and convince guys to go there? Then when he was unhappy and switched, try to convince everyone to there to go to NU? How would you react to that?

According to Scout, he just got offered by Notre Dame to play Fullback

I just find it hard to fathom that a kid would turn down a damn good chance at a starting LB spot as a true freshman to go play FB??!!!! :dunno If he went to Notre Dumb, the only thing he would end up doing at FB is blocking for Clausen so he wouldn't get sacked as much! After this years recruiting class, nothing shocks me anymore. I still say he is going to Missery.

Okay, well let me explain it for you. He commits to Nebraska and is high on us and starts calling all of these big time recruits and convinces them to either visit here or come here. Some of them commit and everything is okay. Callahan gets fired and Gabbert jumps ship right. Then he calls recruits that have already committed to NU and convinces them to decommit. That's dirty!!!!! The recruits he was calling when he committed to us weren't committed anywhere! They were still visiting places when he originally called them. What he did was crossing the line, you don't contact people that have already committed to a school like that and they committed because you told them how great it was. Then he goes and starts to say bad things about NU and gets them to decommit. We all know peer pressure is a bit*h and these kids feed off of one another. If he wanted to go to another school I'm cool with that, but I'm in no way cool with him contacting our recruits and pulling them away from us!!! :angry:

Okay, well let me explain it for you. He commits to Nebraska and is high on us and starts calling all of these big time recruits and convinces them to either visit here or come here. Some of them commit and everything is okay. Callahan gets fired and Gabbert jumps ship right. Then he calls recruits that have already committed to NU and convinces them to decommit. That's dirty!!!!! The recruits he was calling when he committed to us weren't committed anywhere! They were still visiting places when he originally called them. What he did was crossing the line, you don't contact people that have already committed to a school like that and they committed because you told them how great it was. Then he goes and starts to say bad things about NU and gets them to decommit. We all know peer pressure is a bit*h and these kids feed off of one another. If he wanted to go to another school I'm cool with that, but I'm in no way cool with him contacting our recruits and pulling them away from us!!! :angry:

The funny/strange thing is that none of the recruits that have done this have stuck with the program a full 4/5 years at NU. Gabbert and Gray never got here. Before them were Beck and Roark. I like what they are trying to do by trying to help build the best class possible. But maybe going forward the recruiting should be left to the coaches because of situations like this.

Imo, he's fine to recruit people all he wants. But what you are saying is an excellent reason why no one should pay much attention to him.

If it was me and Gabbert tried to sell me on some other school, my first thought would be "well, you were 100% sold on Bill Callahan being a great coach and we saw how that worked out this year". Tell him, "Your cool to do what you want Blaine, but i think i'm gonna do things more for 'me' than for 'we' this time..."

All I can say about the gabbert shenannaggins is..........f. gabbert :box . :)

According to Scout, he just got offered by Notre Dame to play Fullback

I just find it hard to fathom that a kid would turn down a damn good chance at a starting LB spot as a true freshman to go play FB??!!!! :dunno If he went to Notre Dumb, the only thing he would end up doing at FB is blocking for Clausen so he wouldn't get sacked as much! After this years recruiting class, nothing shocks me anymore. I still say he is going to Missery.

I guess it would depend on which position is his favorite. Hitting people or getting hit.

you honestly dont see a difference?? well nothing we say is going to open your eyes.....