SIGNED: LB Will Compton

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

there is a story up on Scout about a visit with Gilmore and "The Man" Tom Osborne with Will at his school today.

I wish that i could copy and paste it here and let you read it but we all know that would be against the board rules, so i will try and paraphrase it.

First, he thourght that he was going to be meeting with Watson, and when he walked into the office he said that he was nervous for the first time in his life to be talking to a coaching legend like TO. He said that TO reassured him that the Facilities, Education, History, and Fans that brought him to NU would not change. he said that TO told him that he would like who they were bringing in as HC. after the meeting he also said that Gilmore pulled him to the side and told him that he was going to really like who they were bringing in.

great, great story and in my opinion he is still "N"

That means they're decided?...

either that or, they meant that Will would like which ever coach they broght in, orthey were telling Will what they thought that he wanted to hear

but I dont think that TO is like that, and since Compton is a LB, and ESPN's reporting that Bo Pelini is the next coach, reading between the lines......they already decided

GREAT GREAT NEWS!

I am absolutely tickled that the best possible representative for Husker football. A living legend is recruiting.

It is definitely going to pay off IMO.

looks like Bo is getting alot of frequent flyer miles in. out to CA to talk visit with Simi and Cameron and Tyson, now he will be in MO to visit Will and he will be dragging along Watson and Gilmore with him

sounds kind of crazy right now

GREAT GREAT NEWS!

I am absolutely tickled that the best possible representative for Husker football. A living legend is recruiting.

It is definitely going to pay off IMO.

looks like Bo is getting alot of frequent flyer miles in. out to CA to talk visit with Simi and Cameron and Tyson, now he will be in MO to visit Will and he will be dragging along Watson and Gilmore with him

sounds kind of crazy right now

They aren't messin' around. Good.