LB Doug Rippy

I think Rippy will be a good player. He won't be fightin for playing time right anyway. Good speed and it looks like he doesn't have to put on to much weight at 217. Hope he is a nasty player with lots of attitude. Best you can hope for in a LB

He's graduating in Dec. and will be here for spring practice, so he might be in the running for early PT. Especially with 4 seniors graduating. I'm really excited for this kid since he's still pretty raw and has amazing potential.

Ugh, his team was 0-10 last year:

L 12-68

L 2-38

L 12-29

L 8-43

L 14-42

L 12-22

L 0-49

L 20-31

L 6-38

L 6-18

Looks like he is getting plenty of chances on D.

I might try go to the first game of year at Academy (the 68-12 loss).

Nevermind. He transferred to a much better team (he's the other Trotwood kid) which is favored to win the Ohio DII (second best division) title.

I'll probably get to check him out on TV might even be on National TV as part of the OHIO USA challenge. I'll post more as I get details.

• 4 months later...

reasoning? Bo give him a visit?

yep!

Pelini and Ekeler visited him in school and talked with him for 2 hours. while there Bo offered a junior lineman named Chris Freeman who is about 6'8" and 340 lbs. Rippy says that were ever he goes that Freeman will more than likely be there also.

so i would say that it was a really good visit

yep!

Pelini and Ekeler visited him in school and talked with him for 2 hours. while there Bo offered a junior lineman named Chris Freeman who is about 6'8" and 340 lbs. Rippy says that were ever he goes that Freeman will more than likely be there also.

Holy Shinto! That's a big boy!

yep!

Holy Shinto! That's a big boy!

No kidding!!!! :hellloooo How fast is that big boy though?! I don't want us to have slow guys on the defensive side of the ball anymore. We need to have middle sized fast guys. :thumbs