DT Darius Parish

It's not the fact that he has 10 stars or 0 stars...the fact that he is reserving his spot on this team in case he doesn't get any other big fish offers, he may be taking the spot of a kid that really WANTS to be a husker in his heart but just hasn't verballed yet, or is waiting to take his visits, etc.... he could have went about it a better way is all I am saying.

How is Parish so much different than Whitmore?

:dunno Who said he was. :dunno It wasn't me.

nobody has come out and said they aren't different, but i don't see a bunch of posts blasting Whitmore.

Seems like Parish is getting catching a lot of heat, whereas Whitmore (who would probably bolt if LSU were to come calling) isn't getting any. There seems to be a bit of a double standard.

It's not the fact that he has 10 stars or 0 stars...the fact that he is reserving his spot on this team in case he doesn't get any other big fish offers, he may be taking the spot of a kid that really WANTS to be a husker in his heart but just hasn't verballed yet, or is waiting to take his visits, etc.... he could have went about it a better way is all I am saying.

nobody has come out and said they aren't different, but i don't see a bunch of posts blasting Whitmore.

Seems like Parish is getting catching a lot of heat, whereas Whitmore (who would probably bolt if LSU were to come calling) isn't getting any. There seems to be a bit of a double standard.

I counted 8 similar posts about Whitmore in his thread. How many did you want before its not a double standard?

I listened to the interview. It wasn't as bad as built up as after reading some posts I thought it was going to be horrendous. He seems just like a pretty mellow kid in the midst of his recruiting process with not much to say and new to all of this. Yes, he didn't exude excitement but I didn't get the impression he would be doing cartwheels if he was to get offered by OU or Texas...I don't get impression he is scheming. In the end, I think the coaches will have this one under control. Seems to me the coaches must know they have a very raw talent here with huge upside...if we get him, great...get him in the program and work with him to achieve his fullest potential...if not, it will not be end of the world as we have other D-Lineman being recruited that will take his spot. The kid has never been to a game...get him here for a game and I think his excitement will go way up! :hellloooo

Thanks for the 'sugarcoating.' <_<

Not that my forte is understanding the desires of 17-18 year-old athletes, but I have a degree in Psychology and I play alot of poker. That said, I didn't even have to see the kid to understand his lack of enthusiasm and desire for coming here. Parish, here is your invitation to prove me wrong. Chamrocck, I hope you're right. Otherwise, this was a big waste of time.

I counted 8 similar posts about Whitmore in his thread. How many did you want before its not a double standard?

i saw some that addressed his situation, but none blasting him for his conduct.

Maybe i missed them, but nobody seemed to be attacking Whitmore's character like they are Parish's.

Am i mis-interpreting posts in this thread or that one?

i saw some that addressed his situation, but none blasting him for his conduct.

Maybe i missed them, but nobody seemed to be attacking Whitmore's character like they are Parish's.

Am i mis-interpreting posts in this thread or that one?

With the character qualifier then I think you are seeing things correctly. I think both players are iffy as far as remaining N.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest linky:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/708109.html

He appears gone. Perhaps Bo will give him a look but I have heard nothing about trying to get him back on board. I say we upgrade to Thompson! :)

I am sure TO loves this guy's attitude. :sarcasm

not a big loss in my book. We need defensive lineman who WANT to play for Nebraska. Any defensive lineman who saw us this year should be licking their lips for a chance to come play at NU. At least one who thinks much of himself can see the opportunity, such as Kuli!

• 3 weeks later...