Bowman = W's

I ve kept quiet on this but I want to express my opinion.

Grixby , last season was HORRIBLE. Every team keyed on him because they knew our safety wasnt the best and they could more than likely get one on one with a 5-9 Grixby who usually get roasted every time he was challenged.

:yeah I couldn't agree more. Shanle didn't help the situation either with his late reactions to coverage!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Also do you think Grixby would have been replaced as a starter by the USC game last year if Bowman was not injured? I don't.

Resoundingly YES! Again, its not that Bowman is the best we've got (injury prone), its that Grixby is the worst we have got. (As far as potential starters anyway)

OK, well then why wasn't the name of this thread "Grixby is the worst we have got," instead of "Bowman=W's?"

............?............because its my oppinion that Bowman is the best solution we have to the "Grixby problem" right now.

Also do you think Grixby would have been replaced as a starter by the USC game last year if Bowman was not injured? I don't.

Resoundingly YES! Again, its not that Bowman is the best we've got (injury prone), its that Grixby is the worst we have got. (As far as potential starters anyway)

I still contend Jones was a worse cover corner than Grixby. Especially when you consider that Grixby (not Jones) was matched against the other team's best WR. Let's face it, the entire D sucked against the pass last year.

As to whether Grixby would have been starting by the USC game, remember that Jones replaced Bowman and that Grix was always the starter.

Yeah if you would have read my initial post, the question was would Grixby have been replaced by the USC game by Jones if Bowman wasn't injured...

I did read your post - and maybe I wasn't clear, but IMO it would have been Grix and Bowman for the USC game last year. I really think it'll be Grix and whoever this year. The question is whether Bowman (or another CB) will be ready to replace Jones.

Grix will start unless Jones has really improved. Grix was always up against the best reciever. Bowman/ Grix I think is what you will see. No matter how bad some think he is the staff feels he is the best we got.

The only reason he got the "#1" spot is because Jones was in his first season! Now that Jones has some experience I think you will see who the staff thinks is the better corner.....Jones or Grixby.

Grix will start unless Jones has really improved. Grix was always up against the best reciever. Bowman/ Grix I think is what you will see. No matter how bad some think he is the staff feels he is the best we got.

The only reason he got the "#1" spot is because Jones was in his first season! Now that Jones has some experience I think you will see who the staff thinks is the better corner.....Jones or Grixby.

Yeah I still think Jones is possibly our best Corner even when Bowman does get here. Just because he is more in sync with the team and the speed of the game. Bowman hasn't seen real game speed in over a year and a half.

Like someone said before, regardless of the status of Bowman, we will be a better secondary than a year ago. We only lost one player, Shanle, and gained a great young talent, Asante. Not to mention all the experience guys like Wilson, Green, Jones, and Thenarse have gained. You can also throw in Murillo to the list of added DB talent.

According to Phil Steele's 2007 College Football Preview Magazine....

(Incase you haven't already, I highly suggest you purchase this magazine! 328 pages of pure NCAA Football!!!!)

Zack Bowman is the 3rd best CB in the country.

Am I the only one that thinks that maybe we move one of our safeties to corner...Thenarse? Green?

According to Phil Steele's 2007 College Football Preview Magazine....

(Incase you haven't already, I highly suggest you purchase this magazine! 328 pages of pure NCAA Football!!!!)

Zack Bowman is the 3rd best CB in the country.

Am I the only one that thinks that maybe we move one of our safeties to corner...Thenarse? Green?

The problem is they are both very good at that positon.....so the question becomes do you have great S's (with the position locked for a few years) and average corners, or do you try and spread your talent around and try to have both spots be good? IMO you fix problems, not create new ones.

but for this season....thenarse will most likely be behind green/wilson and asante. so why not put him at CB??? I love his size and his aggressiveness, 2 things that Grixby wouldn't know anything about!

CB - Bowman/Jones

FS - Larry Asante

SS - Tierre Green/Bryan Wilson

CB - THENARSE!