A USC's fan prediction

UCS v Nebraska: Grades and Outlook

After reviewing depth charts and grading both teams this is how I see the game :

USC Offense= O-Line: B+/ QB: A-/ WR: B (with potential of an A)/ RB: A/ TE: B+

USC Defense= D-Line: A/ LB: A+/ DB: B-

USC Special Teams= B

Nebraska Offense= O-Line: B/ QB: B/ WR: B-/ RB: B+/ TE: B-

Nebraska Defense= D-Line: B-/ LB: B-/ DB: C+

Nebraska Special Teams= C+

Give a + for Nebraska due to home field

Bottom line: I see Booty having a good not great game, completing a high percentage (UN weak seondary) of short yardage (screens/quick outs) passes (SC inexperienced WR) F. Davis will play huge. The OL will pound the inexperienced UN d-line allowing S. Havili, CJ Gable, C. Washington and E. Moody to have a nice averages on the ground. Nebraska will have to approach this game much diffrent than last years meaning they will have to play like a pac10 team. Sam Keller and M. Lucky wiil be the keys here. SC defense will see a lot of draws/ screen passes to Lucky. The defense will have to stop this early. The secondary will not be tested much in this game. Keller will have some nice drives and I see nebraska scoring 2 TD's in the game but the defense will be too much in the end. The SC defense (LB's) will cause 3-4 turnovers. Highlights: I see McKnight or RoJo running a KR back for a TD late in the game.

Final Score: USC: 40 Nebraska 16 (failed 2 point conversion)

I doubt it will be a blowout. I know everyone tries to be realistic regarding this topic, but I see it cross the line into negativity towards our team too often. Yes, we're not at where we want to be as a team yet, but it seems like no one has any faith that we can win a big game, everyone gives KSUcks and other no name teams a better shot than us, including some of our own fans. The team deserves a positive attitude from all of us if we consider ourselves true Husker fans. There's no way we'll just see screens/iso plays to lucky all game, if that was the case, then why did we get Keller in the first place. The key to this game is to throw booty off rhythm. Even in last year's game, they weren't really able to run at us all that well. We just couldn't cover their receivers and put any pressure on the QB. If we can do that, I think we have a decent shot at them. Never underestimate the home environment, along with some good midwestern humidity. That will test their conditioning no doubt.

no, we don't like this assessment, but it is very realistic. although i don't think they will win 40-16, they just have way too many really good players, speed, talent and we just can't match up. if we can keep it to 28-10 that would be good. we are not even close to their talent level and home field will not give us a big enough edge.

I'll give USC the extra points in the spread...but I don't think they'll blow us out that much. They weren't terrific last year and even at their home we didn't lose by that much. So there's no way they're going to compete even better this year. It'll be a good game overall...but we'll be able to compete hopefully. Especially with a new QB who has had the experience we need.

This ain't California, brother. You're heading to Lincoln, Nebraska to play in one of the toughest placest in college football with the greatest fans in all of sports.

Nebraska - 31

USC - 28

Nebraska won't score more than 10 points, and SC won't score 40. I think it will be SC 31 - Nebraska 10 with Nebraska possibly in the lead at the end of the 1st quarter. As far as conditioning is concerned, Nebraska will be slowed in the 4th quarter unable to keep up with SC's speed and Trojan conditioning asserting itself. These guys are in shape. Their talent in matched only by their physical condition. We have 12 non starters who started at least four games last year. Even if we got tired, we have the depth to make up for it. It ain't California, but we don't play all our games in California. We win in Alabama (Auburn), Maryland (Va. Tech), Arkansas, and Indiana with high grass. Unlike the SEC, we don't play 8 home games. The conditions and location doesn't matter. The team does.

I think the Humidity will play a huge factor in the outcome of the game. Not many places have the humidity that Nebraska has and on a hot summer day in Sept. it could be really bad. I am personally not that worried about Nebraska's conditioning. BC will have his boys ready to go.

I don't see how USC puts 40 on us, they couldn't even do that in the Colosseum and our secondary is MUCH better this year now that we are finally getting healthy and have two safeties that can actually cover over the top.

And to those claiming NU can't match USC's speed and conditioning.. what planet are you from? Seriously, no one is better conditioned than the Huskers and we most definitely have the speed to match up with anyone.