chamrocck

Player: Devon Kennard

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ

Position: DE

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 235 lbs.

40 time: 4.8

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, USC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Miami, North Carolina, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Ohio State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Talented DE is one of the best in the western region. Scout's #1 DE prospect. Rivals #8 in Rivals 100.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%

Link to Yahoo!/Rivals article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ri...tory_recruiting

• 7 months later...

• 5 months later...

Suffered season ending injury but does not think that will change his status with his final five:, USC, UCLA, Arizona State, California and Texas

From ESPN

Devon Kennard comments on injury, recruiting

The nation's top defensive player, Devon Kennard, spoke with the Arizona Republic about his unfortunate season-ending ACL tear.

"You have to be able to deal with adversity. I plan on being an athlete for a lot more years. I'm going to get through this. There are going to be rough days but I'm going to cheer on this team, help them be successful. I'm going to get ready for college. I hope to be a big impact player my freshman year."

The mature senior added, "This will make me play that much harder. I trust my body. It's done amazing things for me. I had shoulder problems (this summer). That was going on the first couple of games but that went away. I bounced back from that. I'll trust God and keep on going."

Kennard also discussed the recruiting status with his final five, USC, UCLA, Arizona State, California and Texas, "They're still very committed. If they let go and lose interest, that's OK with me. I'll just use this as a tool to see which schools are really going to be there for me. The schools that really believe in me and have faith in me at the next level will be."

• 4 months later...