QB update

QB update

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said repetitions between quarterbacks Sam Keller and Joe Ganz are split “just about 50-50.”

The exception, he said, is if coaches want to see one quarterback in a particular situation.

“We try to slide it back and forth,” Watson said. “We try to look at what we’re repping and what we want to see them rep.”

Watson reported no news in the competition, other than to say Keller and Ganz are pushing each other and that the quarterback situation is good.

Keller said he’s commanded the offense well; he said he’s at 70 percent completion in practice and having few mental lapses.

The focus for both quarterbacks, Keller said, has been getting the offense in the right situation at the line of scrimmage.

“That’s what we’ve been doing a lot of,” Keller said, “reacting to what we see on defense and getting the team in the right checks.”

As for Ganz? He said he's relaxed.

“Most people don’t think I’m going to win this job,” he said. “I’m really kind of the underdog. So I don’t feel a lot of pressure. I mean, I think Sam would have more pressure than I would.

“I’m relaxed. I know all of the plays. I know the whole offense. I’ve had three years to be nervous. Now it’s time for me to have fun and go play football.”

Yeah whatever, when does Keller become our starter

lol

I'm glad to hear both QBs are getting equal amount of time with reps. I'd rather have two strong QBs than one strong one who breaks an ankle and we're stuck with our crappy second string QB.

especially since two teams we play this year have their backup QBs out with injuries (USC/Texas)...I'd hate to be them.

Just be patient, we'll find out soon enough who the starter is ;)

ETR - that was classic!

Keller's the man on campus. It's his job. But its very well appreciated to have a backup that is ready to step in and keep it rolling.

Thanks....we goof but you make a good point. There aren't to many teams that have two starters at QB position. Ganz will certainly sufice if Keller goes down